ARC Brand Design Opinions Welcome!

Pardon the delay. I wasn’t getting much feedback beforehand, so I de-prioritized this and focused my ARC efforts elsewhere momentarily in order not to lose productivity.

Specifically, I began the revisions of the Bylaws and Constitution. I actually posted them on here a while ago, complete with comments and questions. While I’ve already updated since that posted version, I’d love some feedback and all the questions still stand.

Meanwhile, if y’all are ready to move forwards with the logo, I’m happy to reallocate my efforts there so we can finish it properly.

There seems to be miscommunications here. No need for “final” submissions yet. We have gathered feedback as to what ARC likes and dislikes in a logo. As such, we are about to begin the design stage, not to end it.

Previously, there was mild opposition to move forwards with this task. Because of this, time was allocated towards other areas of ARC that needed attention.

However, now that there is a renewal of willingness, I believe it would be best to continue the process where we left it. We should put the gathered feedback to good use, and begin designs that acknowledge everybody’s input.

...Poor timing for me; as I now have 9 papers to write over the next 8 days. But if yall don’t mind, I will be happy to pick this back up at that time. But feel free to continue working on it, as you desire, in the meantime.

Perhaps I misread @FutureInterest's last post.

Does no one else on the BOD have bandwidth to finish this out?

Feedback collected:

1. Not a fan of the initial concepts
2. Circle is better than the rectangle shape
3. Tang is preferred
4. Clownfish are used in many other logos
5. The flat logo looks too similar to a sponsor logo
6. The concepts need to be improved
7. Turn this into a contest and let the design geeks submit options
8. Total of 5 concepts have been submitted: Post #20, 24, 25, 28

Perhaps I misread @FutureInterest's last post.

Does no one else on the BOD have bandwidth to finish this out?

Feedback collected:

1. Not a fan of the initial concepts
2. Circle is better than the rectangle shape
3. Tang is preferred
4. Clownfish are used in many other logos
5. The flat logo looks too similar to a sponsor logo
6. The concepts need to be improved
7. Turn this into a contest and let the design geeks submit options
8. Total of 5 concepts have been submitted: Post #20, 24, 25, 28

Great! I’m happy to add your feedback to the others when I follow up with this in a few days.

Its not a matter of other people having bandwidth, so much as not interested in the effort. You did not misread Jin’s post. As I stated, there was miscommunications in the organization.

I know I’ve said this a few dozen times in the past couple days, and I don’t want it to seem like I’m blowing people off. It’s sincerely bad timing that all these requests are being dumped on me at this time. I will be more available in about 8 more days.

Wasn't clear from your post that this was miscommunication in the BOD. Just to clarify my post: that is not my feedback. That is the feedback that was collected from this thread.

I'm just pushing this task along. Believe it or not, this pops up in my calendar every couple weeks in my to-do list, so this is just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood marketing guy who was forced to get a PMP.

Bandwidth-issues aside - perhaps it's best to delegate this one as we're going on four months on the project. But if my reminders aren't needed, I'll be glad to drop it off my to-do list.

As for delegating, it was delegated to me. However, but there was a lack of interest by others in moving forward with this. I was pushing forward significantly, but met a lot of opposition due to other areas that needed to be focused on. I am very understanding, and this is totally fine with me. As such, my efforts were relocated to other areas in order to maintain overall productivity, until a time that either people regained interest or the majority of other important issues were solved.

Apparently people have regained interest, so that time is now. This coincidentally falls on very poor timing with my schedule.

nonetheless, in several days, when I am available, this is going to get picked up again and we will proceed on task. I’ll pull the notes not only from this forum, but also other forums, personal messages, the last presentation that I created, and feedback from the last BOD meeting. Depending upon those notes, we will determine exactly where we are in the process. And then we will continue to either finish the current phase, or begin the following phase.

I stated a while ago that I had no real feedback to give - I'm rather indifferent when it comes to logos. We just need to identify one, and make it uniform. I'm quite I'm fond of both the ones listed in post 28 that have the website included. I think more than anything we were waiting on more submissions and this project just fell off the radar as we all accustomed to life with Corona, and whatnot.

S'all good, just a poke to steer it back on track for completion. I have... another... idea.

hey guys, everything is good.

if y’all want to do everything without me. that’s OK. All my previous efforts with a structured approach is just so that we could do the best job possible and quickly. If y’all are willing to wait, you guys know exactly when I will be back and working on this.

I think I need to sign off in order to stay productive on my papers. All the comments of “We should just do…“ are getting to me, with all the other pressures that are on my shoulders right now. We have a good plan. We’ve made great progress on that plan. I see no reason to abandon it entirely. But if I am in the minority, that’s OK.

all is well. You guys are all my friends no matter what. And I know you aren’t intentionally trying to kill me with pressure.

Back