Spawning Report: Black Photon Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris x percula)

Quick update. These are the oldest clowns and they are now big enough to rehome. Lmk if anyone is interested. They are $20 each.

Your photo brings back some memories of some years past when I drove from middle Georgia to Athens to James Cook’s house to pick out my ’s. “Smokin’ O’s was the name he had on some of his clowns that he breed, a very beautiful clown for sure.
When I finally arrived at his place, I decided that I would allow James to choose the ones that I would be taking home. Less stress on the Clowns , and getting any clowns from James was “extra special“ for all the hard work he put forth raising the clowns from the beginning of their life.

- Wannabee

I agree. It’s a lot of fun raising the clowns but it does take a lot or work and time as well. It’s not inexpensive either! I remember some of the folks who were also raising fish in the past. It takes some commitment and it can be frustrating. I’m still waiting for my lightening maroon clowns to start spawning! As well as my Spotcinctus, pearl eye, Darwin’s ... one of these days!
Your photo brings back some memories of some years past when I drove from middle Georgia to Athens to James Cook’s house to pick out my ’s. “Smokin’ O’s was the name he had on some of his clowns that he breed, a very beautiful clown for sure.
When I finally arrived at his place, I decided that I would allow James to choose the ones that I would be taking home. Less stress on the Clowns , and getting any clowns from James was “extra special“ for all the hard work he put forth raising the clowns from the beginning of their life.

- Wannabee

Where are you located in Marietta? I'm up in Acworth. I just bought a "tank breakdown" package that included livestock. It came with a black photon clown that I'm looking to pair one up with. Do you have any updated pictures? Thanks! Chris

Back