The Newer Breeding system and Broodstock

merkywater

Market
Reaction score
Well finally got a chance to upload a video of the new breeding system still fighting algae issues but with the addition of some black mollies seems to have helped a lot. The original idea was to have a total of 12 tanks but couldn't get the plumbing to work the way I needed it too so ended up being 6 tanks and now I get to keep a little reef tank going as well. I have more pairs at another members house but these are my pairs that are producing so I keep them at the house.

1st tank - C-Quest Onyx Female/Doni's Snowcasso male (eggs in pot just laid today 1/15 so hard to see)

2nd tank - Blacker Ice pair (Got these guys from Dylan) ( Female pregnant due to lay 1/16)

3rd tank - SA SnowOnyx pair (Recently sold these guys, hate to see them go but need the space for babies)

4th tank - ORA Platinum Female/ CCC Picasso Male

5th tank - ORA Spotcinctus Pair (huge pair still waiting for them to spawn, 3-4 years old)

6th tank - Ocellaris pair ( one of 2 pairs producing large clutches. the other pair is in sump)

7th basket - CCC Platinum female/ SA Picasso Male (youngest pair I have 18 months old) FS if interested PM me.

8th Reef Tank - Tangerine Pair (2yrs old cleaning rock and showing signs of spawning, can't wait til they actually do)

One thing to know about breeding....A lot of work.

Here is the video enjoy!

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">New system Broodstock3 - YouTube</div><iframe style="width: 70%; height: 400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZU7uN529-QU"></iframe>

MarkL;926766 wrote: Looks great! What size tanks did you use?

20 gallons turned sideways. Wanted 15s but no one could get them for me from Deep Blue bc they were on backorder so went with the 20s.

Looks great. Would love to see some of the "behind the scenes" set up. How you plumbed, etc... BZ

bobz;926947 wrote: Looks great. Would love to see some of the "behind the scenes" set up. How you plumbed, etc... BZ

Didn't get too many pics of the actual build was in quite a hurry with baby on the way but below are two shots. I eventually cut and capped the top section of plumbing as it wasnt working quite the way i wanted and no time to redo plumbing, plus was already way over budget. I may some day redo and add 6 more tanks but for now the 6 are plenty. I plumbed everything into a closet under my stairs. There is a 35 gallon sump under a 4ft long bench. On the bench is where I have 4-10gal tanks for larvae and growout. Once they get a cetain size I'll move them to main system. The main system is about 150 gallons total. I have an Octopus SR5000SSS that does most the work. I also have Matrix and LR in the sump with a little macro algae. The only other thing is I run carbon as well. Been thinking of adding UV soon. I also have 3-300watt heaters that keep the water a nice 81-82. The system is lit with LEDs

I'll try and get a short vid of filtration room.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Nice setup and very clean... always looking for good ideas to steal :)

I've got a Lifequard UV that was hardly used if you are interested let me know. I won't be able to set up anything for awhile still so it's just been sitting... we could work some sort of trade, future draft pic, etc...
bob

bobz;926991 wrote: Nice setup and very clean... always looking for good ideas to steal :)

I've got a Lifequard UV that was hardly used if you are interested let me know. I won't be able to set up anything for awhile still so it's just been sitting... we could work some sort of trade, future draft pic, etc...
bob

Cool Thanks Bob!

Back