Spawning Report: Black Photon Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris x percula)

Hatching occurs a couple of hours after dark. So Good chance it will be tonight which was my initial estimate. It’s usually between 6 to 8 days. Sometimes the hatch occurs over two nights.

Bob, have you ever used a sharpened straw and siphon to collect the larvae right before they hatch? I use to use the larvae trap but after reading about John Laulf(cannot spell last name) method I started collecting. Seemed to work well for me. Did not have to wait into the night.

Bob, have you ever used a sharpened straw and siphon to collect the larvae right before they hatch? I use to use the larvae trap but after reading about John Laulf(cannot spell last name) method I started collecting. Seemed to work well for me. Did not have to wait into the night.
I have but I’ve had better luck with the larvae surviving when I waited for them to hatch out. I know it’s easier to get them using your method. May try that next batch.

Are you putting airflow on your eggs iv seen people put a bubble in the back of a pot to make the bubbles run across the eggs.

0 DPH. Hatch out last night. Looks like a out two thirds of the eggs hatched last night. This morning I moved about 25 larvae to the rearing tank. I don’t know if the remaining eggs will hatch out but I’ll keep the bubbler going in the hatch tank. First feeding of rotifers this morning. Looks like they are feeding.

Attachments

• 4434D244-2CEA-43A4-A62C-BA62AAAF0D59.jpeg
    4434D244-2CEA-43A4-A62C-BA62AAAF0D59.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
0 DPH. Hatch out last night. Looks like a out two thirds of the eggs hatched last night. This morning I moved about 25 larvae to the rearing tank. I don’t know if the remaining eggs will hatch out but I’ll keep the bubbler going in the hatch tank. First feeding of rotifers this morning. Looks like they are feeding.
That is good they hatched. Thank you for documenting this.

Back