Dream 525 gallon peninsula display with large fish room.

Pretty cool! When we moved and upgraded to a 180, we wanted a dedicated room to do tank maintenance. We wound up with a setup and mechanical room similar to yours, it just makes it so much easier to maintain having space to work. Look forward to seeing it come together!

Yesterday Justin came over and we got the rest of the rock scrubbed and on a tarp. The trough already has some of the next batch in it ready for another round of cooking. I've got about a third of a Gaylord and box more in my warehouse that I'll be bringing home tomorrow and get it started.

Today I cleaned the sump, 60 frag and 60 breeder. Also got some plumbing done on the mixing station.

This week will be finishing the plumbing on the mixing station & slop sink and wire up some more outlets. Then the next big project is building the stands for the frag trays and 60 breeder and plumbing them up. Once all that is done its time to start plumbing the big tank. Once I get the pumps for the closed loop I'll start hooking that up. Got to tinker with it from time to time so it looks like something is happening with it. :D

Everything looks amazing. Definitely jealous! I knew you'd go extreme high tech since your old setup was pretty ingenious. But am I the only one that thinks the HRV unit is the coolest of all?? Maybe it's because I have low PH issues with my setup.

Oh, and @DiefsReef here's a pic of where I'm at with the mixing station.
signal-2020-08-16-165210.jpg

Everything looks amazing. Definitely jealous! I knew you'd go extreme high tech since your old setup was pretty ingenious. But am I the only one that thinks the HRV unit is the coolest of all?? Maybe it's because I have low PH issues with my setup.
Thanks!
Yea, the low pH was a big factor for the HRV.
In the grand scheme of this build the cost wasn't crazy. I'd say everything installed it's under $1500.

Oh, and @DiefsReef here's a pic of where I'm at with the mixing station.
View attachment 29339

Thanks!
Yea, the low pH was a big factor for the HRV.
In the grand scheme of this build the cost wasn't crazy. I'd say everything installed it's under $1500.
Looks Great! Wondering why 2 pumps. if we have big tanks like this do we need 2?

Looks Great! Wondering why 2 pumps. if we have big tanks like this do we need 2?
The pump on the right is a Pan World 250PS for mixing saltwater and pumping some out front if we can ever do frag swaps again. I'll use it myself some day but I put in a spigot out there for @spike.
The second pump is a BlueLine 55HD to move RODI to the topoffs. I'll plumb in lines to them up through the ceiling once I know where they'll be. I may even run saltwater lines to the sumps for water changes. I have the suction lines from the tanks isolated with the valves so they can run independently.

@Adam what are you going to use as your "hose" if you will/would have one? Im thinking about doing a proper water station but im not sure as what to use as my "hose" to the tank. Ive heard not to use a regular water hose.

I bought a Goodyear 1" ID heavy duty hose that will stand up to abuse. For something smaller I'd use a potable hose that's NSF rated.

I have three of these but probably only need two. You're welcome to the 3rd if you want it.

I bought a Goodyear 1" ID heavy duty hose that will stand up to abuse. For something smaller I'd use a potable hose that's NSF rated.

I have three of these but probably only need two. You're welcome to the 3rd if you want it.
Ill take you up on that offer. Thanks

I didnt know if the metal ends were a concern. Because i was looking at potable water hoses but really couldnt find any that had plastic fittings.

Ill take you up on that offer. Thanks

I didnt know if the metal ends were a concern. Because i was looking at potable water hoses but really couldnt find any that had plastic fittings.
The metal ends are brass which is fine. What I have is probably already tarnished too.
"Made of PVC with brass connections."

If it really concerns you, you can cut the male end off the hose.

The metal ends are brass which is fine. What I have is probably already tarnished too.
"Made of PVC with brass connections."

If it really concerns you, you can cut the male end off the hose.
Thanks.

Well, unfortunately progress is going to slow way down for a while. My knee had been bothering me the last couple weeks and gave out yesterday doing yard work. Going to be calling an orthopedist first thing tomorrow morning. Got a feeling it's going to need scoping.

There's still little things I hope I can work on but any of the major stuff will be on hold till I'm mobile again.

Well, unfortunately progress is going to slow way down for a while. My knee had been bothering me the last couple weeks and gave out yesterday doing yard work. Going to be calling an orthopedist first thing tomorrow morning. Got a feeling it's going to need scoping.

There's still little things I hope I can work on but any of the major stuff will be on hold till I'm mobile again.
Sorry to hear this my friend, hope it works out for the best. Make sure to try not to do too much.

Between the yard work and the basement I've averaged about 13k steps a day over the weekends and some week days last 4 months. Was really hoping to get the mixing station finished and the water lines run to the slop sink today.

I've lost about 14lbs over that time and I'm felling very unproductive sitting here on the couch with an ice pack. Gonna really have to watch what I eat now, I don't want to regain the weight I've lost.

Sorry to hear about your knee Adam! Take it easy and get it checked out. Hope it’s nothing major and you get to feel better soon, love all these progress updates!

Between the yard work and the basement I've averaged about 13k steps a day over the weekends and some week days last 4 months. Was really hoping to get the mixing station finished and the water lines run to the slop sink today.

I've lost about 14lbs over that time and I'm felling very unproductive sitting here on the couch with an ice pack. Gonna really have to watch what I eat now, I don't want to regain the weight I've lost.
Hope its just sore for a day or two. What did the ortho say today?

Hope its just sore for a day or two. What did the ortho say today?
They said they couldn't see me today. lol
Appointment tomorrow at 10:30am

I'm at work and haven't iced it in a while and the pain is starting to get worse just sitting here.

They said they couldn't see me today. lol
Appointment tomorrow at 10:30am

I'm at work and haven't iced it in a while and the pain is starting to get worse just sitting here.
Sorry to hear that. Does sound like your on your way to a scope :(

Back