Loaches

ThaGlasMan1

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm trying to find loaches to help with my pond snail explosion. My problem is that I have a mystery small in my tank (it's pretty big) and I don't want the loaches to eat him, lol! My tank is 75 gallons. So there's a lot of room. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

GA has a recent weather loach invasion. If you can get some out of our local waterways, GADNR would absolutely love it! In all seriousness, most chain pet stores sell loaches, but you can get the same work done with assassin snails. In my opinion, it's much faster too. My kuhli loaches only eat the juvenile snails, but won't touch adults.

My 4 yoyo loaches do a great job keeping the snail population under control, my biggest yoyo is almost 6 inches

Attachments

• IMG_4694.jpeg
    IMG_4694.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4691.jpeg
    IMG_4691.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4692.jpeg
    IMG_4692.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 12
That's the route I was considering. The closest place to me that sells them is Optimum Aquarium. I'm just waiting on them to get some back in stock. Thank you

That's the route I was considering. The closest place to me that sells them is Optimum Aquarium. I'm just waiting on them to get some back in stock. Thank you
Southern aquatics in Roswell has a bunch, that’s where I’ve gotten all of my fish.

Back