Need to move a 120gal tank

nkilpatrick

Reaction score
I need to move my 120 gal tank from one side of my house to the other because of new carpet . Does anyone have any suggestions of ppl or companies that do this ? Also, how many years or what indications are there for upgrading or buying a new tank . My tank is 15 yrs old. I think it’s in ok shape but I have no idea on this ..

Depending on where you are located - I’m sure a couple of club members may be able to help you. The club has heavy duty suction cups available to supporting members for use.

Whenever I moved tanks I’d drain the water first into trash cans that were clean, obviously, then start with the fish and coral and rock removal. Separate binds for the fish at least away from the corals unless space is limited. Then you can move the tank where it needs to go and refill. Make sure you have extra saltwater mixed up and ready to go because you will need it! I would usually take this time to kind swirl rocks around in the trash an of water to get any built up detritus off of them before moving over.
Or hey! It’s been a long time with that tank, time to treat yourself to a new one! 😁

Back