Moving 225g Tank

mylittlejade

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m a new member and just purchased a 225g CDA tank. This tank is new and I need to load and unload the tank from my Tacoma. I have reached out to a few movers along with some members that have potential options from other threads. If anyone has recommendations that would help a bunch! I plan to rent 2 sets of the ARC member suction cups as well.

Current Tank Location: Conyers, GA
Final Destination: Marietta - Near Lassiter High

Thank you!
Bryan

Last edited:
Here are my suggested tools, I've moved plenty of big heavy things by myself like this, but admittedly I have not moved a 6' tank like this, but I assume the principles are the same.
hydraulic tables to help get the tank out of the truck if you are short on manpower, and up on the stand.
furniture dolly, these come in lots of different sizes and materials, or you can easily build some if you need off-road tires. this is the easiest was to move heavy stuff across mostly flat surfaces.
straps to keep the dollies attached to the bottom of the tank so you can easily lift past doorways and snags and not have them come out from under the tank.

Skrappy,

Thank you so much for the info! I have most of the items you listed in my lab that I can borrow, which is good…just need to get the suction cups from the club. Maybe this weekend!!

Bryan

4 ppl and just lift. Suction cups always make things easier with bigger tanks but really not required with this size tank

Tank was picked up today! I have to give a big thank you to the club for letting me borrow the suction cups. Also, THANK YOU Brian (@Cook) for taking the time out of your day to track down the suction cups and meeting up…great to meet you!

Move was a breeze with 4 friends. Now I’m staring at the empty tank from my office. Next step is get some water in this thing and start the cycle. Some pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4748.jpeg
    IMG_4748.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4747.jpeg
    IMG_4747.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
sad to know @Reefchef won't get to set up the tank, but VERY excited to see what you come up with! Exciting days ahead I am sure!

sad to know @Reefchef won't get to set up the tank, but VERY excited to see what you come up with! Exciting days ahead I am sure!
Thank you!

I will do my best to get as close as possible. That fish room is gonna be hard to beat though.

Hopefully he can get back in the hobby down the road.

Last edited:
Back