Dreams become Reality

combined gifs steroids GIF

I took the advice and bought some Nori. Rolled it up in the lettuce clip. The fish devoured it. I swear the fish have gained weight, eating the Nori through the weekend, lol (with pellet food as well).
Get yourself a nori nibbler. Makes much less of a mess. Beautiful tank.

Thanks! Fat and happy juvenile purple tangs from ORA via World Wide Corals. Mostly skinny and peculiarly rather tiny yellow tangs from Biota. The purple tangs have grown dramatically. A couple of the yellows have grown, and two yellows remain rather tiny by comparison, and one of the tiny yellows was sold with a birth defect.

Happy to have sourced. Largely peaceful the past eight months, they all school together. Fins recently show bites this spring...hmm...but, then, I added an imported Sohal late last year. No aggression when broadcast feeding. Minimal Sohal aggression towards the purple tangs only when I first place Nori in the clip.

Best wishes

I took the advice and bought some Nori. Rolled it up in the lettuce clip. The fish devoured it. I swear the fish have gained weight, eating the Nori through the weekend, lol (with pellet food as well).
We are lucky to have so many (asian) farmer's market around us that this is so readily available for us. I see on other forums or on subreddits where people have to order it on Amazon or pay ridiculous prices at their LFS for simple seaweed.

I was surprised to be able to purchase pure seaweed, without flavoring or oils so predominant with sushi seaweed.....thanks for the encouragement.

I picked up a green polyp leather at the club's recent frag swap...short tentacles, from Fiji.

Attachments

• IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    449.4 KB · Views: 7
Back