Best place online to buy fish..?

anthony

Market
Reaction score
I got out of the hobby for about 3 years and now I'm getting back in I'm having to reevaluate what I used to know and some of the places I used to buy. It seems that Live Aquaria has kind of dropped the ball and doesn't do that well on fish anymore. Every time I look for something they have a picture of it but they're out. Trying to find a place that doesn't charge an arm and leg and it's good for buying fish. I saw a place called Pete's Aquarium or something like that they seem to have good prices but I wasn't sure if this was a reputable place? Any suggestions

I've used both BluezooAquatics and Reef Beauties with great success. If you can make the trek, Nemo's gets the weirdest critters in, and they can do special orders if you have something specific in mind.

I've used both BluezooAquatics and Reef Beauties with great success. If you can make the trek, Nemo's gets the weirdest critters in, and they can do special orders if you have something specific in mind.
Yes I loved NEMOS but he keep moving further and further away.. it's become quite a drive now..otherwise I would always just go there.. Simon is awesome

How long of a drive? I would still make a trip out to Nemo’s even if I was 2 hrs away. Better than buying online when you haven’t seen that fish. I’m not buying unless I see the fish in good shape and eating well.

How long of a drive? I would still make a trip out to Nemo’s even if I was 2 hrs away. Better than buying online when you haven’t seen that fish. I’m not buying unless I see the fish in good shape and eating well.

This

Also...what ever happened to the sponsor map?

I've recently bought fish from Reefshac and Nemo's. I drove at least 90 minutes for Nemo's. Reefshac is only 30 minutes. Both places have great fish in stock and very reasonable prices. Both have great owners and staff! I've bought around 10 different fish between the shops in the last year and all are thriving.

I have to agree, if I can put my eyes on the fish, see it eat and such, I always feel better than hoping the fish survives shipment. Most cover dead loss but its a crap shoot with delivery services these days.

Gary

Most likely I will just make that trip eventually but it's nice to know the other options..

I agree, Nemo and Reef Shac are great options. Premier Aquuatics is also a good option.

I’ve had good luck with Nemo’s for fish and Reef Shac for inverts.

Online I’ve done Saltwaterfish and had a lot of DOA, and to their credit, they gave me DOA credit. I have a bicolor blenny and a gramma that survived and are doing well, as well as a bunch on inverts. I would hesitate to order fish from them again due to all the DOA.

I have done Dr. Reef and lost the leopard wrasse after a week, but they ship poorly anyway. Others are doing well, and I just placed another order for a Starki Damsel and flame angel. The price differences aren’t that great so it’s worth 30 or so bucks extra to me for them to come with prazi and copper treatments already done.

Also recommend reef cleaners for inverts. Got some conchs, emeralds and turbos. Great prices and the emeralds are demolishing bubble algae.

I’ve had good luck with Nemo’s for fish and Reef Shac for inverts.

Online I’ve done Saltwaterfish and had a lot of DOA, and to their credit, they gave me DOA credit. I have a bicolor blenny and a gramma that survived and are doing well, as well as a bunch on inverts. I would hesitate to order fish from them again due to all the DOA.

I have done Dr. Reef and lost the leopard wrasse after a week, but they ship poorly anyway. Others are doing well, and I just placed another order for a Starki Damsel and flame angel. The price differences aren’t that great so it’s worth 30 or so bucks extra to me for them to come with prazi and copper treatments already done.

Also recommend reef cleaners for inverts. Got some conchs, emeralds and turbos. Great prices and the emeralds are demolishing bubble algae.
Thank you.. and thank you all for your advice..as you all know this hobby is extremely expensive as it is so anytime we can share information to help one another save it can help a lot in the long run.

Back