Par Meter Rental!

I would like to rent a Par meter as well. It is such a critical piece of data in order to manage a reef! Is there a way to contribute to purchasing one for the club so we can have access to it when needed?

@jcook54 was super helpful for me getting to rent this! Props to him! 💪

Luckily, he had to come out to the boonies to go past me, so he was able to bring it, let me borrow for a day and pick up on way back!

PAR = Huge help/info gained!

Thanks!

I’m in Smyrna. Anyone nearby able to help me out? Or has another pick up point been added by chance?

How often does it get to the Covington Area
PAR Meters are available for Rental pick up in Duluth and Stone Mountain. For readings we have a waiting list. I'll shoot you a PM to get you on the list.

The waiting list had 13 members who requested Par readings in November. This created a backlog in PAR Readings. From December to the end of February there were 10 requests.

The Volunteers who do the PAR readings are trying to catch up on the list. Right now we are looking at a 1-2 month timeline for new PAR reading requests.

This is why we always recommend the rental. With a few days notice the Par meter can be used for an entire week. The user can tweek their lights and dial in their entire lighting schedule. The deposit is fully refundable on return of the working Par meter.

I'd really like to get on the rental list if it's quicker to do that vs having someone stop in.

Back