Par Meter Rental!

ARC_Admin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, after years of not having any available for our members... we have finally purchased two par meters for the club.

Apogee MQ-510 Full Spectrum Underwater Quantum Meter

Apogee AM-320 Saltwater Submersible Sensor Wand

383412e0-20b1-4039-a7cb-92baa0ec946d.__CR0,171,1882,941_PT0_SX350_V1___.jpg

These are the best ones you can currently get on the market and they run around $500 a piece. They will be free for Supporting Members only, but we do require a refundable deposit for the value of the device.

We have a rental agreement drawn up so if you’re interested in renting a par meter please PM me and I’ll send you the rental agreement.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome!!! Since I’ve joined all efforts tryin to get this type of equipment to allow members to rent it, could never be setup for innumerable reasons! Thanks for doing this!!!
We worked together to get it done.

I agree... I mean what's a reef club without a par meter? It just doesn't seem right.

We're looking to add a few other items that can be rented for free for supporting members as well. This will include suction cups for moving tanks, fish traps, and perhaps an emergency kit for tank failures. Looking for suggestions on what you guys think we should have available for supporting members. Things that you would like to use when the need arises but really have no need to keep long term.

Awesome pickup for the club, and I'll probably partake in this later on down the line out of interest. As for additional items, I think a stock of emergency type items that are available for short term use would be great (heaters, pumps, powerheads, etc). mostly life support parts first, much like the emergency kit you mentioned. Good idea!

We worked together to get it done.

I agree... I mean what's a reef club without a par meter? It just doesn't seem right.

We're looking to add a few other items that can be rented for free for supporting members as well. This will include suction cups for moving tanks, fish traps, and perhaps an emergency kit for tank failures. Looking for suggestions on what you guys think we should have available for supporting members. Things that you would like to use when the need arises but really have no need to keep long term.
Sand Sifting Starfish ;P

Equipment rental for a part failure would be nice to see. Just a few weeks ago I had to send my light in for service and at the time I didn’t have a spare available, but fortunately a kind member lent me theirs til I got mine back from service!

even if it’s just a basic part like a return pump
Could help people in time of failure.

@jordanbevis No livestock but thanks for the suggestion :).

@mrmrburke Yes, that's a good suggestion. Someone had suggested emergency pumps/heaters/containers... but lights also fit the bill. Thanks!

Equipment rental for a part failure would be nice to see. Just a few weeks ago I had to send my light in for service and at the time I didn’t have a spare available, but fortunately a kind member lent me theirs til I got mine back from service!

even if it’s just a basic part like a return pump
Could help people in time of failure.

Good suggestions!

PM sent. You just message me and I can send you the rental agreement. Once you get that back we put you in touch with the member coordinators that are holding them. We will have one on the East Side of town and one on the NW side of town soon. We should have them in the next day or two.

Interested as well Jin when these are available. SUre there is a waiting list, but I'll give it a go to check on my tanks. Thanks again.

Awesome! Definitely interested in seeing the results from the ReefBreeders light!

I'd like to get on this list . With the new light it would be interesting to see where I'm at . Please let me know the details.

Sorry I've been out of town and otherwise unavailable this past week and a half or so. I'll message you boys and we'll get the ball rolling.

This is awesome news!!
Regarding post above on emergency equipment rental, agree that’s a real need. Most likely anyone in the hobby for a number of years is going to have an urgent need at some point in time for temporary use of equipment.
Surly it’s no surprise when I add, I’ve needed temporary equipment and it’s been offered by friends as well as members I’ve never met.

Heck one night when I got home at 11PM, my 75 gallon was crashing from Palytoxin poisoning (yup really). I was stupidly low on salt and needed 50+ gallons asap.
Came to ARC, posted “ Please help, tank crashing” with pictures.
By 12:30AM, four members and I had my new 40 gallon set-up, corals moved over and did a 25 gallon WC on the 75. This saved almost half of my livestock! (kisses to y’all ;))
Amazing great people here at ARC!

Back