Par Meter Rental!

Any updates on this thread? I've got a couple tanks that I would like to measure to compare levels in terms of matching them. Thanks!

Where are you located? I've been coming to folks houses and taking readings with the ARC PAR meters. In fact, there was someone I was talking to in DM but totally forgot to hit back. Was it you?

@jcook54 whats the highest and lowest par you have seen so far? Any thoughts on what fixtures put out the most par?

My, my, my, looks like I've been a forgetful fella, sorry gang. I'll DM y'all and we'll get something on the schedule regarding readings.

Highest PAR I've seen was a little over 600 with a nice piece of Walt Disney happily growing. Before that, I would have bet $$$ that 600 PAR would bleach it in no time. In some situations it still might but it was looking good even with all of the light. I believe the tank's owner has reduced the intensity a bit. I also believe it was an AI fixture.

It very difficult to work out which fixture put out the most PAR because nobody I've tested runs them anywhere near full intensity (as far as LEDs go). For T5s, the fixture you're running @dball711 (ATI?) had the best results. It put out a good amount of light but, more importantly, I was shocked at how little the intensity degraded as we went further down in your tank.

We need a thread with lights, tanks, par numbers. There are SO many variables like water clarity etc etc that can throw the numbers around - but trends should eventually show up.

I'll post numbers up in a thread in the near future (I have an Apogee 510 so it's equivalent to what you're using) - I was amazed at how low my par was under an ATI hybrid 48" 4 bulb T5 with 3 Kessil 360WEs - everything running full blast.

It would be great to rent this once we get everything up and running just to see where we're at from the get go

Be great if there was a log of data . Real world data from the same meter . Different lights at what % vs depth of reading. Anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet ?

Is it @jcook54 who is doing the readings? About to FINALLY have DT set up and would love to have light readings done while it is cycling and before I put any living creatures in it so I can make adjustments ahead of the game, if that makes sense.

Is it @jcook54 who is doing the readings? About to FINALLY have DT set up and would love to have light readings done while it is cycling and before I put any living creatures in it so I can make adjustments ahead of the game, if that makes sense.
Yup he is awesome with doing PAR readings for the members.

Is it a good idea to get it done first? Maybe get my lighting squared away so I know the best placement for the corals I've got in my QT?
Yeah your tank doesnt have to be cycled for you to know what your PAR readings are.

Agreed. But I wouldn't run your lights except for a par reading/to get them dialed in. Don't run them on what will be your normal schedule as you'll have a hella algae outbreak.
Right, I read that, just was thinking it might he good to know par readings and fiddle with the lights before I have living creatures in there that may get upset lol

Back