June 27th In-Person Meeting and Frag Swap!

June 27th In-Person Meeting and Frag Swap!
Posted by Shawn
Palisades Medical Building - Bottom Floor Main Conference Room
Sunday, June 27, 2021 - 02:00 PM
Until: Sunday, June 27, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
It was great to meet fellow reefers, even if I don't know most ya, lol, but one day I will. I was great top see the vendors, especially David Ball as I was able to snap up some great acros. I got a JF Homewrecker, BigR Walt Disney, and a TSA Fruity Pebbles from him. BMF also had some awesome SPS frags, but didn't have the money to buy anything else.

Spikes Corals had an awesome time. Thanks everyone for coming out. Great to see everyone.
Thanks so much for all you did to make this a great event. And thanks to all the others who brought so many beautiful corals, and to all the ARC officers who helped make this happen.

We had an awesome time. And we won TWO raffles. We never win anything lololol The corals were beautiful and the ones we brought home are settling in nicely. Thank you to everyone who made it possible and to the vendors.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Had fun seeing all the corals and meeting some fellow enthusiasts! Looking forward to another one once my tank is a bit more mature and ready for SPS.

Did anyone test some of the water that their frags came in? Before I acclimated I used a Hanna checker and one of them was reading 1.029 .. is this normal?

Did anyone test some of the water that their frags came in? Before I acclimated I used a Hanna checker and one of them was reading 1.029 .. is this normal?
When you are selling frags, water is removed constantly all day in the display tank. So, it is possible since you have to carry the salt water in cats to have fluctuations. Most likely the salinity of the frag display sales tank is probably not a good indicator of the actual salinity of the growth conditions and asking the seller the salinity, lighting and flow and levels etc. is a good thing.

When you are selling frags, water is removed constantly all day in the display tank. So, it is possible since you have to carry the salt water in cats to have fluctuations. Most likely the salinity of the frag display sales tank is probably not a good indicator of the actual salinity of the growth conditions and asking the seller the salinity, lighting and flow and levels etc. is a good thing.

Makes sense.

Should it be expected to see short term issues from frag swap salinity swings? I.e if it was grown around 1.025, then gets up to 1.029 during the swap, and then goes back into a 1.025 system?

Makes sense.

Should it be expected to see short term issues from frag swap salinity swings? I.e if it was grown around 1.025, then gets up to 1.029 during the swap, and then goes back into a 1.025 system?
I would not expect any problems except with the most sensitive corals, thinking about what many frags go through with dipping, in freshwater, hydrogen peroxide, Bayer, iodine etc.

Back