Dream 525 gallon peninsula display with large fish room.

The word of the day is, "Pineapples".
Piña colada anyone?

Got a good bit done this weekend. David came over yesterday and he got the holes for the hinges drilled on the canopy panels. I got the 1st coat of paint on the back sides and just finished the 2nd coat. I also started working on the plumbing for the ATS and setting up 2 reactors. After a trip to Home Depot last night I got everything else I'd need. Oh, I swapped the replacement pump for the skimmer too. Here's another shout out to Steve Burton. That loner pump kept me going without missing a beat.

Today I got the reactors mounted and plumbed up to a new pump and rerouted the another new pump, pipe and tubing for the ATS.

I now have carbon and GFO online.
View attachment 48886
I can tell you, based on the cost of GFO I will be regenerating it. I have the sodium hydroxide and found the article on how to do it. I just need to buy another BRS reactor and a Maxjet pump.

Back to the word of the day.
View attachment 48887
View attachment 48888

I have never seen so many pineapple sponges in any system before. They're everywhere. Tank, all over the rocks, in the overflow and through out the sump. We'll see how long they last.

The organic carbon dosing is up to 13ml a day and I'm due to go up in a couple days. I've got a feeling the GFO is going to be used up by then.

Well, that's it for today.
You need to look at my sump, LOL!!!

20220218_105401.jpg20220218_105404.jpg20220218_105412.jpg

Last edited:
The basement is really close to being done. I spent this weekend alternating working in the sump room and painting the last of the doors. All that's left is some work in the bathroom and doing some electrical work, light switches, outlets and such.

I haven't posted much of the frag system in this thread as it is a separate setup and not the point of the large tank build. Most of my work this weekend revolved around it so unfortunately not much was done with the display. I'm hoping that between installing the rest of the lights over the frag trough I'll have time to do a water change on the big system this week. I really need to get the GHA under control in there and devote a decent amount of time to the water quality. The combo of the ATS and carbon dosing does not seem to be enough to handle the level of feeding input. One of the projects on my todo list is to rebuild the ATS on a new design. I just need one more day in each week, time is hard to come by lately.

I go through way to much to be cost effective to use. And I don't have the time to regenerate through reactors.

I'm going to need to figure out another solution.

update GIF

Other than the back overflow box popping loose from the aquarium, leaking 20-30 gallons on the floor, everything has been status quo.
It popped on a Saturday and MRC/SEA came out the following Monday morning. This was the week before Memorial Day.
20230520_154734.jpg

Lack of time has been my biggest issue. Between work, the health problems, my mom & step dad living with us for 90 days, a retaining wall, yard work, a wife with a gimp knee that needs scoping... and... and...
Finding someone local to help with everything has been less than fruitful. Everyone is too busy with their own shit, so I've take the I'll get to it when I get to it approach.

Other than the back overflow box popping loose from the aquarium, leaking 20-30 gallons on the floor, everything has been status quo.
It popped on a Saturday and MRC/SEA came out the following Monday morning. This was the week before Memorial Day.
View attachment 78479

Lack of time has been my biggest issue. Between work, the health problems, my mom & step dad living with us for 90 days, a retaining wall, yard work, a wife with a gimp knee that needs scoping... and... and...
Finding someone local to help with everything has been less than fruitful. Everyone is too busy with their own shit, so I've take the I'll get to it when I get to it approach.
Yup, hobby gets put on the back burner when life hits. We all get that.

So, did MRC fix the issue already and I guess all good now?

Back