Chapter 2: 50g Lowboy LPS

I ordered from them at their Easter sale and it was a wysiwyg sale. Everything I got looked like the pictures

unless it specifically states wysiwyg I think they’re like every other coral retailer, They just give you what you order

By the time these events took place I was 7-8 orders in with them with a couple questionable things but no biggie..so not like was a first time customer. I've had orders that were fine as well.

When my 2 polyp Wolverine zoas dissapeared from the plugs on a frag rack because the glue came loose..ok I understood thats all here say but I know my stuff. They offered to send a three polyp for the price of a 2 polyp if I ordered another 2 polyp..which was then $100 instead of the $60 I paid before. Yes, the glue was gone off the plug still on the rack..wasnt fish nor hermits. Then..I recieve a splatter hammer instead of the gold I ordered. Went roundy round with them saying it was still a nice hammer (already had a splatter) and yes it was. They asked what could they do? To be fair..I said a 50% gc was cool instead of 100% (my idea to be honest and fair). Then I had a live sale order with auction items to be added. They didn't send the auction items. Contacted them and it was a "our bad, we'll send them with your next order"..IMO they should have eaten they shipping and sent it. Again..I was like..ok..is what it is. I wasn't planning on another order but in order to get my stuff I made another order and paid for shipping again. The main acro I got on auction was a pink panther..a strawberry shortcake showed up and they tried to say it was the same. Btw the pic I had on screenshot didn't even match...and I already had a strawberry shortcake. Instead of continuing the conversation I just ate it and made my decision to cease buying from them.

Well that stinks.
My main issue is that I just don't believe the guy - somewhere between the likelihood of the event combined with the script sounding a little too rehearsed.
I've dropped coral before and its usually fine. But even if the head did break, most of the time you can just glue it back together and it'll be fine (I've cracked a few heads in the past using bone cutters).

I was very close to posting a thread on R2R last night asking who else bought an electric banana torch from ASD and for them to post photos...but I reckon it'd be better to wait and see how this gets resolved first.

Last edited:
Indeed. I'm not bashing them by any means. I just choose to use vendors with what I consider the customers best interest in mind.

No updated pics???
Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

As a follow up to the ASD situation - they said that they've received a new batch of electric banana torches on 05/23 and will acclimate them for approximately 2 weeks and ship out a replacement when ready. Communication has been good over the last few weeks so I've got my fingers crossed

1685069743208.png

No updated pics???
Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA
Things were looking a little pissy and I couldn't figure out why until I tested my po4 which had bottomed out.
Then I realized that my dumbass added 2 small clams a couple of weeks ago which probably sucked everything out of the water...
Anyhow I lost a torch but everything else looks ok. Some zoas aren't very happy but we'll see how it goes...

ASD finally was able to send a replacement torch however there was a section of flesh peeling from the head when it arrived. In my experience this torch is a goner

ASD hasn't been great in my experience. Pests on plugs, frags of the same acros named different things, and sale of visibly ill anemones makes me wary. The freebies are nice, but after that they're not worth it.

I don’t care about the silly freebies but why in the world would you send one out with a huge aptasia? It makes no sense

I sent the video of the torch to them and am awaiting a response

82EACB28-9490-4396-A691-357F294405AD.jpeg75F43F7C-781A-4CD3-98EE-5D4709B90A80.jpeg

Last edited:
Back