Chapter 2: 50g Lowboy LPS

Wow so nice! I am still cycling my lowboy. I Can't wait to get it done so I can move my frags into it.

What kind of torches are the ones in the upper right picture? They look awesome. Three colors?

What kind of torches are the ones in the upper right picture? They look awesome. Three colors?
HGs of some sort...after a while - they all sort of sort looking the same.

The bottom right was the one I had listed for sale https://atlantareefclub.org/boards/index.php?threads/holy-grail-torch-variant-650.1190053/
It just got a lot brighter. I tried to sell it bc I was leaving town for 2 weeks and wasn't sure how good my kiddo would be at taking care of the tank but she did good and the tank made it minus a few zoa losses, ie gmks & pink kraks.

Fuc*^ng sh!t just as I was posting this ASD called me and said they dropped the torch on its head and shattered it!? He said he was pretty sure that it’d be dead by morning. I told him to hang onto it to see if it’d make it and he said ok and he’ll keep me updated.

Not 2 minutes later I received an email saying I have a gift card for the amount of the torch.

I hate to cry foul but with the speed in which they issued the credit part of me wonders what really happened

The Wire Reaction GIF

Fuc*^ng sh!t just as I was posting this ASD called me and said they dropped the torch on its head and shattered it!? He said he was pretty sure that it’d be dead by morning. I told him to hang onto it to see if it’d make it and he said ok and he’ll keep me updated.

Not 2 minutes later I received an email saying I have a gift card for the amount of the torch.

I hate to cry foul but with the speed in which they issued the credit part of me wonders what really happened
yeah... the pic look unreal anyways. white tips? that looks like some serious editing.

Now, onto the operations side. I don't know if there is any foul play. I am assuming they do massive volume so everything is rushed. Probably easier to just take the loss and move on. Just my 2 cents tho.

Idk Victor that’s easily a $500 torch. I paid $213.
Egg crate is black bro. I’ve seen them in real life and they’re brighter than bright.

Really you dropped the torch while packing and it died?

C95CF79C-0F59-404B-BA47-C97AEE457412.gif

Idk Victor that’s easily a $500 torch. I paid $213.
Egg crate is black bro. I’ve seen them in real life and they’re brighter than bright.

Really you dropped the torch while packing and it died?

View attachment 75446
LOL - trying to give them the benefit of the doubt on the issue. I don't think they became such a big player in the coral industry doing shady things like this, especially over a few hundred dollars. Just not worth the hit to their reputation.

But, I will take your word for it on the brightness, if it is, that's nice!

LOL - trying to give them the benefit of the doubt on the issue. I don't think they became such a big player in the coral industry doing shady things like this, especially over a few hundred dollars. Just not worth the hit to their reputation.

But, I will take your word for it on the brightness, if it is, that's nice!
Sooo…I’ll say one last thing about ASD and then drop it because I’m just being a petty little bitch at this point 😂

Last year I bought an acan colony for $25 and they called me to say it was a typo and was supposed to be $250 not $25 and they did not honor it even though I had already paid for it.

4DC7C7A4-AEEC-4AD8-99D9-EE5E7C2EBAEA.png

There. Now I’m done 😂

Its currently in the form of a gift card which I will raise hell if/once they confirm the torch is 100% dead. On the phone he said it was in bad shape and he was confident it wouldn't make it. Following the phone call I sent them an email to confirm/update the status of the torch.

The other issue is that I ordered a random coral as a box filler (since I was already paying s&h for the torch) but if the torch is "dead" - I really don't want the other coral at all. I specifically told them on the phone not to ship the other coral until the torch issue was resolved. I also reiterated this in the email so a box from ASD had better NOT show up tomorrow.

Back