180 with fishroom in Canton

neilp2006

Reaction score
Hi all

Had my reef tank for almost 6 years now, I thought I was already a member at ARC but apparently I haven’t posted before.

I used to have a really extensive build thread at R2R, but then I moved, which coincided with the nonsense over there, so I did my rebuild thread post-move over at Humblefish.

I have a 180 in our kids main level study / what should be a formal dining room. Plumbing shoots through the floor to a dedicated (unkempt) 12x12 fishroom. A converted 125, and a 29 make up the sump, and I have a 50 lowboy fragbtank plumbed off return. A 40g sized section of the sump supposed to be a fuge never took off/ didn’t replant after move, has been sitting dry for 3 years now, so I’m switching the 125 out for a 75 so I can reorient the glass and make more room.

Honestly- past 7 months I’ve been traveling back and forward to Scotland to help my dad out (dementia setting in) so it’s been pretty neglected. Main issue is that stuff is growing like crazy and I haven’t been available to grab stuff, so it’s out of control

I have a red montipora plate that is hitting glass on both sides, so it’s 24” wide, and about 8” tall. And a Hollywood stunner chalice about 10” across. A seasons greetings montipora frag I stuck to the back glass is now encrusting and growing a plate that’s close to 8”. Lots of shadowing underneath, and I’ve lost a few nice corals so I’m looking to break stuff down, sell it off, and do a restart.

IMG_3099.jpegIMG_3102.jpegIMG_3103.jpegIMG_3105.jpegIMG_3101.jpegIMG_3113.jpegIMG_3115.jpeg

Build thread over on HumbleFish-

Thread 'Neil’s relocated 180/ 300 system build'
https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/neils-relocated-180-300-system-build.5779/
https://humble.fish/community/index...located-180-300-system-build.5779/post-363918

Current fish list:

Purple tang (petco rescue severe HLLE, recovered in 2 weeks)
Mag Fox face
Flame angel
4 springers damsels (down from 7)
Yellow coris
Midas blenny
onyx Picasso percula female. Lost male after he got sucked down the return during a power outage. Lost an eye and a fin and she rejected him. One day, I watched him literally intentionally swim into the overflow and down the pipe

Recently lost a 5” tomini tang and an aiptasia eating file fish. Cause unknown. Otherwise completely healthy, but died when I was on a trip/ just got back.

Anyway, happy to answer questions, post pics etc.

Thanks

Back