Deltec CRTT vs GEO Dual

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
So I’ve always been a fan of GEO calcium reactors. Had a small single chamber up to the 818 with a secondary. This will be the first time I’m going with a deltec. Supposedly it’s a great system and very reliable.

First impressions
Cons
- it’s much lighter than my GEO. Little concerning on how thin acrylic looks and feel.
- Rwading/watching videos, set up looks a bit confusing and a little convoluted.
- it comes dusty. Honestly looks like it was made than set in storage.
-EVERYTHING LOOKS PROPRIETARY. Goddamn parts are expensive to replace.
Pros
- it looks pretty ( lol)
- the chambers is lock without a twist, not thumb screws. Looks clean.
- ALL IN ONE. Supposedly it’s an inclusive unit. Regulator and CO 2 and you’re off to the races.
- Reputation. Suppose Deltec support and products are amazing. I hope I never need it but glad to know they are there.

I hope it’s a good reactor. Would love one less thing to worry about if I’m ever away on vacation.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 32
That’s why you’re blowing your budget. Spending money on pretty (and nice) things.
I don’t think it’s that much more than a GEO and Carbon doser if you think about it. I’d need a controller too. I might have saved some money :)

Well, I’m starting to test the medias now. I’m trying the following and see how much each produces under a controlled setting.

Triton Calcite
Deltec Calcite
Reborn
ARM

I’m testing using instant ocean mix for 2 weeks each. New mix will be made with swap of media along with cleaning the reactor itself. Testing will be done with an apex trident for the basic 3 and Hana testers for the nitrates and phosphate. I will not be running any additional test such as ICP for now.

Reason for test as follows
1. Amount of levels increase/ decrease per day /per volume. Will give me a better idea and calculate later. Want to see if media will produce any additional unwanted things like phosphorus and nitrate.
2. The amount of pH swings using such a low pH chamber.
3. To test my patience with the reactor and replace ins and cleaning it.

Testing ARM first. Will post results in a few weeks.

Back