Chapter 4: SPS Dominant Lowboy

Looking good! Is this a low tide dry reef biotope? Seeing as there’s still no water in it… 😂
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Hmm wonder if the sunlight from that window will help or hurt the tank. Anyone know? Might make the tank warmer than desired or cause algae?

can of black spray paint will fix it

I prefer black latex paint because after a few coats it looks great even from the back. If you ever change your mind it can easily be peeled off.

Sticks seem to be doing well this far. I need more fish - the sole inhabitants are 2 clowns and a convict tang

C06B0785-36E2-404E-929B-5F7A8146A4C5.jpegFCD312CD-BFD1-487F-8C75-2136AB372F30.jpegEE382CAC-71C4-445E-B38D-B18063D55651.jpegB2BCF889-4807-479B-B011-2BAD5CBD0FB9.jpeg

Its a combination of me experimenting with kalk and being lazy at the same time which is causing the parameters to bounce around a bit.
I've given some thought on sticking a calrx on that tank but haven't had the time to do the research.

Also congrats on your new venture - it sounds exciting although your choice in partners may be questionable ;) ;) ;)

Its a combination of me experimenting with kalk and being lazy at the same time which is causing the parameters to bounce around a bit.
I've given some thought on sticking a calrx on that tank but haven't had the time to do the research.

Also congrats on your new venture - it sounds exciting although your choice in partners may be questionable ;) ;) ;)
Calc reactor seems intimidating at first but once you learn how it functions, its super easy to tune. Now days, I might adjust my calc reactor every 3-4 mo, then full clean once a year. Also, great thing about calc reactor, you only need to test alk going forward.

I agree with that 2nd statement lol.

For a tank that size until those SPS are all a lot bigger, save your money on a reactor and just do 2 part, so much easier and cheaper. I have 90+ pieces in the trough and only need to dose 2-part.

Back