New Non Supporting Member Contest

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
Let's start of this holiday season with a little fun. I am hosting a small introduction contest for the new members on the fence about the value of paid membership. I am offering 3 x 1 year membership reimbursement. Supporting members can enter as well, and if you win, you can elect another new member for the the membership.

CONTEST RULES:
Must be a member ( supporting or non supporting) in good standing
Must be going into or in hobby.
Must have MORE valid, meaningful posts over trade ones. I am sorry, Im trying to help people going into the hobby rather than one exiting.
If you win, Must become a full member by end of year for reimbursement. Reimbursement is done through PayPal or Cash (if we meet)
Winner(s) are SUBJECTIVE. Its a hobby, we cannot really be objective with these things.
ALL TYPES OF TANKS WELCOME

I want people to have a chance to experience the benefits of membership. I know the hobby can be pricey, the discount is pretty nice when you are starting. I want to see peoples tanks and introduce people to one another. It'll also give me an idea with what we have here on ARC for future contest(s).

LAYOUT OF ENTERING
Please Post it Here. Deadine Last day of November. Winner Announced By New Year.

1. Name ( Nicknames are OK)
2. Picture of yourself in front of FTS. MINORS must be picture with parent or guardian.
3. Tank Theme ( i.e Mix, FOWLR, SPS dominant etc)
4. Reason you join hobby and length of time you have been in it.
5. Picture Favorite Fish and Favorite Coral you have.
6. Intro of tank and yourself.

@jcook54 tagging you in case this pose is breaking any rules. If so please delete not allowed.

I’ll toss in a par reading. If you are wanting to see where you tank stands and can’t get your hands on the par meter. I have a personal one ( the 510 apogee) I can come take your par reading to get you a head start if your one of the selected ( limited to 50 miles from 300-24/97/43 zip code)

I am surprised no one else has done this yet. Maybe more will follow after me.

1. Name - Jon is my name and I am in cumming.

2. Picture of yourself in front of FTS. - in pics.

3. Tank Theme - 90 gallon mixed reef. Mostly softies. 75 gallon planted tank. 36 gallon shrimp and snail tank. I got bored and added a bunch of neon tetras. Plus a little 14 for a quarantine tank. Haven't had to use it yet.

4. Reason you join hobby and length of time you have been in. - had the planted for 8 years. Shrimp tank for 2. Reef for 6 months or so. I have had a many saltwater tanks back in the early 2000s. Back when everything cheap. I decided to jump back in when I found out everything is so automated now.

5. Picture Favorite Fish and Favorite Coral you have. - I love my engineer goby when he doesn't rearrange the bottom of my tank. So days it's fine. Others the sand will be piled up high on the glass. My favorite corals have always been mushrooms.

6. Intro of tank and my self. -
My name is Jon and I am 41. Been living on cumming for the last 14 years. My tank isn't anything special. 90 gallon marineland. 29 gallon sump. Reefmat instead of socks. Full apex system. 2 reef90s, and 2 orphek blue bars. No clue on par range Pretty much everything I have came from people on here. Everyone has been super nice and helpful. Hope to return the favor in the near future.

Attachments

• 20231127_193723.jpg
    20231127_193723.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231127_193427.jpg
    20231127_193427.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231127_193554.jpg
    20231127_193554.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231127_193618.jpg
    20231127_193618.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231127_193438.jpg
    20231127_193438.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20231127_193836.jpg
    20231127_193836.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231127_194025.jpg
    20231127_194025.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231111_150407.jpg
    20231111_150407.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231127_193446.jpg
    20231127_193446.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 20
I am surprised no one else has done this yet. Maybe more will follow after me.

1. Name - Jon is my name and I am in cumming.

2. Picture of yourself in front of FTS. - in pics.

3. Tank Theme - 90 gallon mixed reef. Mostly softies. 75 gallon planted tank. 36 gallon shrimp and snail tank. I got bored and added a bunch of neon tetras. Plus a little 14 for a quarantine tank. Haven't had to use it yet.

4. Reason you join hobby and length of time you have been in. - had the planted for 8 years. Shrimp tank for 2. Reef for 6 months or so. I have had a many saltwater tanks back in the early 2000s. Back when everything cheap. I decided to jump back in when I found out everything is so automated now.

5. Picture Favorite Fish and Favorite Coral you have. - I love my engineer goby when he doesn't rearrange the bottom of my tank. So days it's fine. Others the sand will be piled up high on the glass. My favorite corals have always been mushrooms.

6. Intro of tank and my self. -
My name is Jon and I am 41. Been living on cumming for the last 14 years. My tank isn't anything special. 90 gallon marineland. 29 gallon sump. Reefmat instead of socks. Full apex system. 2 reef90s, and 2 orphek blue bars. No clue on par range Pretty much everything I have came from people on here. Everyone has been super nice and helpful. Hope to return the favor in the near future.
Great to have another fellow Cumming reefer.

Let's start of this holiday season with a little fun. I am hosting a small introduction contest for the new members on the fence about the value of paid membership. I am offering 3 x 1 year membership reimbursement. Supporting members can enter as well, and if you win, you can elect another new member for the the membership.

CONTEST RULES:
Must be a member ( supporting or non supporting) in good standing
Must be going into or in hobby.
Must have MORE valid, meaningful posts over trade ones. I am sorry, Im trying to help people going into the hobby rather than one exiting.
If you win, Must become a full member by end of year for reimbursement. Reimbursement is done through PayPal or Cash (if we meet)
Winner(s) are SUBJECTIVE. Its a hobby, we cannot really be objective with these things.
ALL TYPES OF TANKS WELCOME

I want people to have a chance to experience the benefits of membership. I know the hobby can be pricey, the discount is pretty nice when you are starting. I want to see peoples tanks and introduce people to one another. It'll also give me an idea with what we have here on ARC for future contest(s).

LAYOUT OF ENTERING
Please Post it Here. Deadine Last day of November. Winner Announced By New Year.

1. Name ( Nicknames are OK)
2. Picture of yourself in front of FTS. MINORS must be picture with parent or guardian.
3. Tank Theme ( i.e Mix, FOWLR, SPS dominant etc)
4. Reason you join hobby and length of time you have been in it.
5. Picture Favorite Fish and Favorite Coral you have.
6. Intro of tank and yourself.

@jcook54 tagging you in case this pose is breaking any rules. If so please delete not allo
Name- Doylef
Picture- Sorry do not know how to post pics on a computer.
Tank theme- I have a 125 gal. FOWLR and a reef tank. Just started the 90 gal. Reef tank about 2 months ago. FOWLR has been running since July of this year.
Reason I joined is we started with a freshwater tank 55 gal back in June so we went to a LFS and wife saw he saltwater side of the store and we have exploded since then. Plus just like to watch the corals grow. I am a newbie and just looking for advice and possibly some corals cheaper than what I pay for them LFS.
Favorite fish- Hard to say as have not had that many fish. I would say Royal Gramma. Coral as of right now is ZOA. As do not have many coral either. Sorry do not know how to upload pics.
I live in Loganville, Ga. and I just got into the hobby and wish there were others closer but I do not think too many are close to me. I want to learn a lot and I plant to change out my FOWLR tank to a coral reef tank also. We just do not have good luck with saltwater fish and I stress over illnesses getting into my tank. I have not had anything yet that I have noticed. But seem to struggle with fish. I have lost a lot of money in this since July. So I think going corals is better and easier. My tanks are looking decent and I put a lot of time and love in trying to keep them all clean.

Sorry I am not very good at uploading pics or anything. Old age and modern technology. I just thought it would be nice to do another intro on here. Good luck to whoever wins.

Name- Doylef
Picture- Sorry do not know how to post pics on a computer.
Tank theme- I have a 125 gal. FOWLR and a reef tank. Just started the 90 gal. Reef tank about 2 months ago. FOWLR has been running since July of this year.
Reason I joined is we started with a freshwater tank 55 gal back in June so we went to a LFS and wife saw he saltwater side of the store and we have exploded since then. Plus just like to watch the corals grow. I am a newbie and just looking for advice and possibly some corals cheaper than what I pay for them LFS.
Favorite fish- Hard to say as have not had that many fish. I would say Royal Gramma. Coral as of right now is ZOA. As do not have many coral either. Sorry do not know how to upload pics.
I live in Loganville, Ga. and I just got into the hobby and wish there were others closer but I do not think too many are close to me. I want to learn a lot and I plant to change out my FOWLR tank to a coral reef tank also. We just do not have good luck with saltwater fish and I stress over illnesses getting into my tank. I have not had anything yet that I have noticed. But seem to struggle with fish. I have lost a lot of money in this since July. So I think going corals is better and easier. My tanks are looking decent and I put a lot of time and love in trying to keep them all clean.

Sorry I am not very good at uploading pics or anything. Old age and modern technology. I just thought it would be nice to do another intro on here. Good luck to whoever wins.
Should be an option to upload media or pictures. Looks like a small picture frame icon. Look forward to the pictures. Not many people have uploaded. I’ll try to help you fulfill the picture requests if I can.

@Jon9508 is first winner. Welcome aboard as member.

Should be an option to upload media or pictures. Looks like a small picture frame icon. Look forward to the pictures. Not many people have uploaded. I’ll try to help you fulfill the picture requests if I can.

@Jon9508 is first winner. Welcome aboard as member.
I will try again sometime this evening or tomorrow if I can. I am using my work computer so trying to send images from my phone to my work computer takes a rocket scientist. So many blocks on this computer.

I will try again sometime this evening or tomorrow if I can. I am using my work computer so trying to send images from my phone to my work computer takes a rocket scientist. So many blocks on this computer.
You can upload directly from phone. There’s a button call “attach file” with a paper clip icon

IMG_3406.jpegHere are the pics. I forgot to add that I also have a 24 gal which was my first tank. My clownfish just hosted the nem yesterday. My previous post up above has the rest of my information. I couldn’t figure out how to add to it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpeg
    IMG_3137.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3138.jpeg
    IMG_3138.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3389.jpeg
    IMG_3389.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3403.jpeg
    IMG_3403.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3404.jpeg
    IMG_3404.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3108.jpeg
    IMG_3108.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 11
Let’s get some more people to posts! I might even join again as a member if we get some active members that enjoy the hobby!

It’s pretty much end of day November 30th

Please welcome our newest supporters
@Jon9508
@Doylef

There is a meet next Saturday, we look forward to seeing you if you’re able to make it. Should be a blast and a great opportunity to both meet members and get awesome deals!

Back