Scuba Lessons

I think the point Todd is trying to make is that if you are going to spend $650 to rent and you can spend the same to buy, then why not buy? If you hate all the equipment, you lost nothing because at the end of the day, you still are out $650! worst case scenario, you can sell the stuff for 1/3 it's value and still come out way ahead.

Having said that, I am sure both places are run well with really nice people. It is good to see such loyalty from both parties. it is rare these days, people seem to jump to the next shop that it offering $1 off :)

Just talked to Diane Harris at Adventures in Diving. If you get a minimum of 5 people. take the CLASS TOGETHER!! She will offer this deal. Tell her you are part of the group I asked about. Mention me, Todd Washowich so she knows the group.

1. Open Water class $125 (save $25)

2. Books are $60 (but if you live together, study together, husband/wife, etc) Share the books..... everyone does not need to have their own unless you want too.

3. The personal gear package is ($199). That is mask, snorkel, fins, boots, the **** weight belt and a gear bag to put it all into.

4. Check out dives are what they are I believe $225. You can ask her.

I believe that adds up to $609 add some tax as well.

But if you are a couple, etc. Its cheaper by $60 because you can share the books.

That my friends is a deal you can not beat anywhere.

so call her if interested, and be serious. If you are ready to do it. DO IT!

Master Diver Todd

Run a list of candidates

If you cant get at least 5, then the deal is back to $150. Still a bargain. You can always share books

That does sound like a pretty sweet deal Todd thanks. My mom actually works at GA Tech @ the CRC (campus recreation center). She told me about the course that they have for certification if I remember it was $250 or $300 but I dont know what that includes. I sent her an email to see if she can gather some information for us. Ill let you guys know later what I find out.

well the spring classes are all booked but check it out anyways
a> my mom also emailed the instructor or coordinator and she is going to get the schedule in advance for me and I will let you know when the summer classes start.  Not a bad price but it still will be around $600 bucks in the end...for me it may be worth it because i can probably get student rate.

washowi;37281 wrote: You will need a refresher course. 5 years is along time, and without a card. You can't dive or get air with anyone. You can't dive with your friends forever..How did you get air? They just bring you bottles?

Ya I know I can not dive without a card forever. Ya a few of my friends own a dive shop or two in Flordia. I can walk in and pick up a tank. Heck one of the dive masters has even put me through the Nitrox training. We have gone spearfishing together for years. It was not till recently (with all this talk about ARC trips) that I even remembered that I needed a PADI card.

Here is the info for the summer courses at GT

Beginning SCUBA classes for summer/in to fall:

- May 11-13 & 18-20 - this is the class I believe is full
- time is - F - 5:45-9pm, S&S 1-7:30pm

- May 22-June 20 (T class & W pool)
- time is - 6:45-10pm each night

- July 2-July 31 (M class & T pool)
- time is - 6:45-10pm each night

- August 29-September 27 (W class & Th pool)
- time is 6:45-10pm each night

Well.....big hype on this for awhile....are we going to have any new divers on the boards?

you will have one more diver but I am waiting on a bit more funds before I dip in

I'm going to sign up next month. I'll be working 33 days straight starting the 9th, so this month is out of the question.

Anyone else seriously going to get certified?

Yeah, my tank is costing me an arm & a leg right now. Then next month I'm going on vacation, so money will be a little tight for me for a while.

still working 7 days/week. i think i have about 2 weeks left before i get a day off :(

If you wait for this bunch to make a move, you will be 90 before you get certified...why wait? just pull the trigger and do it.....

yeah i decided to quit wasting time and doing this...Chris I will PM you if you are still really interested. I am looking to signup for my course by the end of next week after I decided on which place to get certified at.

Back