Nem so sad - dying?

bzb

Market
Reaction score
It's been about a month since my huge BTA receded into his hole and it just won't come out at all. I just noticed this morning it looks like it's separating from the rock. I poked it with a chopstick lightly and it seems dense still.

Any ideas what's going on? Do I just keep waiting it out, or is it time to do something more drastic? I'm not super concerned with it crashing my tank as I went to all softies after the nem got so big it killed off all my hard corals.

Admittedly, I haven't been testing much in the last 6 months or so, but I just did all my tests and nothing is out of the ordinary other than phosphates being a little higher than I'd like.

Temp: 77
pH: 7.8
SG: 1.024
Alk: 9.6
Ca: 440
Mg: 1380
Nitrate: 6
Phos: 0.2

386871119_389913143439354_5472542809566120572_n.jpg

I’d be a little concerned since it looks like the mouth is buried in the sand. If it’s been a month - I’d probably break it out and try to get it to attach to a rock in low light keeping in mind that it may float off into a powerhead.
After that if it continues to decline I’d probably start treating with cipro.

It may not be the best advice but that’s what I would do if it was in my tank

Reactions: bzb
I’d be a little concerned since it looks like the mouth is buried in the sand. If it’s been a month - I’d probably break it out and try to get it to attach to a rock in low light keeping in mind that it may float off into a powerhead.
After that if it continues to decline I’d probably start treating with cipro.

It may not be the best advice but that’s what I would do if it was in my tank

Appreciate the thought.

Hard to get a good angle on this, but the rock surface that it's attached to is about 5 inches above the sand - it's a little cave. Crazy thing is, of course, after panic posting this I now see puffy tentacles on the right side.

384560601_726674682722524_805088171242396011_n.jpg

Back