Scuba Lessons

zman676

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking for a place, near Alpharetta, to learn and become SCUBA certified this summer. Any ideas?

Alsp, what do I need to own as far as equipment is concerned? And how much do the lessons cost?

I got certified by Lynn Mettler at
a> . You don't need any equipment, the whole thing is done in 1 weekend, yes, 1 weekend.  You do the book work at home prior to the scheduled weekend, take a review and the test on Friday, and do your water dives and checkout on Saturday and Sunday.  This was perfect for me and my wife because of our hectic schedules.  The cost is $650 which includes everything except food.

Moving this thread to the Diver's Den forum....

$650 sounds awfully high... I thought you could get certified for ~$250 these days...?

Try Diver's Supply. I think they were around $250.

Diver's Supply
1080 North Cobb Parkway
Marietta, GA 30062-2459
1 770 419 1976

Also, I have all the scuba gear recommended for the certification for sale. I bought the gear fall of last year prior to the class lessons. I used the gear once in the pool. Unfortunately I kept having severe back pain and then back surgery a couple months later which prevented me from completing the course. Now that two of my vertebraes have been altered, I will not be doing any diving.

If anyone is interested in the gear feel free to pm me. I have the mask, snorkel, wet suit, booties, weights and fins. The fins are the new style called split fins. All the gear was bought at Diver's Supply and is top quality.

By the way, diving did not cause my back trouble. I had a large tumor on my spinal cord which required removing. It was in a very difficult spot hence the vertebraes alteration. When they tell you surgery or future paralysis, I pick surgery. I cant see me in a wheelchair.

DIvers supply is great. I really like Jack. Also, I have heard good things about Adventures in Diving in Duluth

nice I'm going to look them up too, I'm very interested in doing this.

Should we keep this thread going & see if we can get enough people interested so that we could possibly get a group discount?

I am seriously interested and if there was a group discount that would be even greater. Does anyone have a good relationship with the owner of one of these places?

<span style="color: black;">We offer a SCUBA program at our school and we use Elements Swim and Dive in Flowery Branch for our advanced open water certification through NAUI. They have been part of our program for many years and are outstanding. If you ask they may give group discounts. They also run trips during the year to Nassau, Costa Rica, Cozumel, Pensacola, Florida Keys, and other locations. Diving is an incredible experience.</span>
<span style="color: black;"></span>
<span style="color: black;">Here is their website. </span>
<span style="color: black;">http://lanierscuba.com/"><span style="color: #800080;">http://lanierscuba.com/</span></a></span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">Jason</span>

I know there is a large facility in Lawrenceville about 1 mile from 316 and sugarloaf. I think their prices are about $300. Adventure diving in Duluth is suppost to be a great place too.

Check your local community parks department (Here in Gwinnet it is called L.I.F.E.) They usually have cheap classes offered at the YMCA. I was fixing to look into one for my better half since sshe is not against the idea anymore.

I may have some resources in this regard, but I'll have to make a few phonecalls at first. I'm fortunate enough to know some local people with lots of dive experience (incl. two people with over 3,000 dives), and they may be able give me some good advice in this regard.

Cool- sounds like we're up to about 6 people interested, so far (counting Brandon's wife)

There is a scuba meetup group forming that you can check out. There are people there who want to get certified as well.
a>

wbholwell;36941 wrote: Thanks for the tip. Where are they located?

They are located across in Roswell. And the $650 includes all gear rental, tanks and fills and all dives

Back