Octo Lux 90

No one is refusing to believe it can’t be done. Its just not common. Also, you just tossing a bunch of frags into a tank in a short time period doesn’t make it a successful. I’m glad it’s working out for you but a lot of people failed going down this path, hence why we have so many transient hobbyist. Mistakes can be costly and defeating for some.

Successful tanks will last years. The way you are setting up your tank isn’t leaving much room for growth. Looks like a frag tank.

Nice colors tho.

Everything is growing and can be moved if they get too close to each other, taken out of the tank and exchanged for more desirable pieces like I've been doing, or *gasp* fragged 😱. Also clam is still here and growing, despite what y'all think about clams. You said you want to see it at 6 months, well we'll be there soon. Everything I've done with this tank was planned and intentional, not just winging it. A lot of assumptions have been made without any background information. It doesn't bother me though, and I don't have any beef or ill feelings toward any members of the club. 👌

Last edited:
Been battling a lot of pests here recently - vermetid snails, flat worms, aptasia, bubble algae, monti eating nudibranches, etc etc. I need to triple check new pieces.... Anyway, here's a new Crayola meltdown chalice:

20240322_192622.jpg

20240322_184217.jpg

I have to say, your methods are strange for having such nice corals. Its mind boggling to me, but if it works, it works!
I like keep it simple, been around since before there was dosing pumps, controllers, apps, and LED lights...
Up to this point I have not added any bacteria supplements, and I have not dosed anything or tested parameters. I don't even have test kits. I do water changes and add a pinch of pH buffer when I remember. My filtration is a skimmer and filter sock. I am using a black box LED and 250hqi metal halide but will probably add an orphek strip in the future. Flow is provided by the return pump and single jebao gyre. I think that's it? 🤔

20240312_213536.jpg

I like keep it simple, been around since before there was dosing pumps, controllers, apps, and LED lights...
Up to this point I have not added any bacteria supplements, and I have not dosed anything or tested parameters. I don't even have test kits. I do water changes and add a pinch of pH buffer when I remember. My filtration is a skimmer and filter sock. I am using a black box LED and 250hqi metal halide but will probably add an orphek strip in the future. Flow is provided by the return pump and single jebao gyre. I think that's it? 🤔

View attachment 87160

So...what are your corals eating? Do you only have 2 small clowns?

Any ideas why most the goni are developing longer tentacles with blue tips on the end? They seem happy enough.
Black widow:
20240409_000205.jpg

Highlighter
20240409_000133.jpg

TCK flame tip

20240409_000107.jpg

No name blue goni
20240409_000051.jpg

Did you figure out the pest problems?
Been removing them as I see them every week. Haven't seen any monti nudibranch in a while, got emerald crabs for bubble algae, bumble bee snails for vermetid, etc. Seems to be some kind of bacterial thing going around, a few of the favias are pulling back from edges as well as a couple gonis. That's the hobby though 😅🤷

Back