MattGee87's RSM 250 Journey

mattgee87;1042743 wrote: Well its official I have water in the tank. After sanding on the glass for about 2 weeks I was able removed all of the visible scratches. It was a time consuming job but I'm happy with the results.

I plan on the cycle lasting 3-4 weeks so I won't be updating this thread until that is complete. I would like to get ya'lls opinion on the rockscaping

20150714_073255_zpszxh7myzw.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20150714_073321_zps9keerajq.jpg
alt="" /></a>
Loving the skimmer so far!

try taking those 2 boulders on the center-left out to make a "cave". might help it pop. leave the far left piece of rubble there though.

the far left edge boulders building the mountain leave.

6xqav9.jpg
alt="" />

is a quick photoshop. its up to you. but looks great

Russ-IV;1042746 wrote: try taking those 2 boulders on the center-left out to make a "cave". might help it pop. leave the far left piece of rubble there though.

the far left edge boulders building the mountain leave.

6xqav9.jpg
alt="" />

is a quick photoshop. its up to you. but looks great

I definitely like what ya got going on with the Photoshopped pictured. My only issue is having to take all the rock out and epoxy it together lol

mattgee87;1042753 wrote: I definitely like what ya got going on with the Photoshopped pictured. My only issue is having to take all the rock out and epoxy it together lol

you could get a thin slab and put it up against the back glass but thin enough so it looks like the back of the cave.

step back and relax though. aquascaping is hard work. also you have plenty of time to mess with stuff as it cycles

i used half inch acrylic rods and a heat gun for mine. then drilled 1/2 holes with a long bit from home depot. this way u can disassemble it in chunks

Russ-IV;1042757 wrote: you could get a thin slab and put it up against the back glass but thin enough so it looks like the back of the cave.

step back and relax though. aquascaping is hard work. also you have plenty of time to mess with stuff as it cycles

i used half inch acrylic rods and a heat gun for mine. then drilled 1/2 holes with a long bit from home depot. this way u can disassemble it in chunks

Yea, I will more then likely end up making it look like your example, but not just yet. I wanna take a break from playing with rocks :thumbs:

Well I have to get some better pictures with the correct color but here is the thank right now.

20150728_195018_zpsh5plfvfp.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20150728_195024_zpsmizwtk9r.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20150728_195033_zpsenomgwlm.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Where'd u get that tank magnifier??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it is really coming along. How do you like the sump? I have one that I am thinking about using for my next build (non Red Sea, just happen to have a sump).

That's looking very nice, I like the rock scape.
Thanks coming along really good comparing the back panel in the earlier pictures.

JBDreefs;1055051 wrote: Looks like it is really coming along. How do you like the sump? I have one that I am thinking about using for my next build (non Red Sea, just happen to have a sump).

I don't have a sump yet but i do have plans to maybe put in the new eshopps cube sump

I thought these bad boys came with a sump? Maybe the sump I have is from a larger version.

JBDreefs;1055093 wrote: I thought these bad boys came with a sump? Maybe the sump I have is from a larger version.

Yea these are the biggest all in one tank Red Sea makes. I'm debating on putting a sump ton it though

Back