Drain help !

Fishy_Mcfish

Market
Reaction score
I have a 40 breeder with a Fiji cube overflow on it. It’s super loud! I bought the tank used and it only has a pipe for the emergency drain but not for the regular drain. Is this how the kit would have come from the factory or am I missing something? Water coming into external overflow box falls about an inch or so before reaching the water level in the external box and then down the drain line. Is the fix as simple as getting a piece of pvc pipe for the main drain and raising it up to just under where the water comes in from bulkhead on tank?

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpeg
    IMG_0904.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 10
Blue pipe is the emergency drain. And then no pipe for main drain. Sorry pics a bit tough to see I know but was the best I could get at the moment

I’m assuming that overflow drilled into the tank? I don’t see any HOB over the rim. The distance it’s falling from the tank to the drain could be some culprit. I would put a small piece of pvc and a slip strainer. A gate valve on your drain line to the sump would be the overall solution as you could tune it from an open siphon and have it match your flow rate from the return pump. Might need some barbs if you’re using the flex tube. BRS has gate valves and premium aquatics always has 10% of with code PA-TEXT10, or put in an alias email.

IMG_5790.png

IMG_5793.png

Thank you I’ll look into one of those screeners and get a short piece of pvc. I do have hose drain lines but only have a ,cough, ball valve on it to regulate flow.

Back