Enders new 330g system

How’s the progress, everything coming along nicely I imagine?

Ive had a new baby which has put the brakes on things but its still making progress. Currently doing the drywall of the fish room and looking for someone to redo the epoxy floor so I had to take all the stuff out of the room and jam it in a closet until thats done. Temporary setup is still running but after the crash there isnt much left unfortunately but at least that will make it easier to move the temp setup to redo the floor.....

Im also hunting for a carpenter to get the stand done since I simply will not have time to do it anymore.

Ive got a bunch of progress pics I keep forgetting to post, you know take pics, baby cries, toddler starts crying, hours and days disappear in a fog, repeat. Two kids under 18 months does not help productivity.

I could work on it nights and weekends, depending on where you're located. I do trim carpentry work on the daily and am trying to get into custom stand building as a side gig.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Ive had a new baby which has put the brakes on things but its still making progress. Currently doing the drywall of the fish room and looking for someone to redo the epoxy floor so I had to take all the stuff out of the room and jam it in a closet until thats done. Temporary setup is still running but after the crash there isnt much left unfortunately but at least that will make it easier to move the temp setup to redo the floor.....

Im also hunting for a carpenter to get the stand done since I simply will not have time to do it anymore.

Ive got a bunch of progress pics I keep forgetting to post, you know take pics, baby cries, toddler starts crying, hours and days disappear in a fog, repeat. Two kids under 18 months does not help productivity.

This will be my future come July. My daughter just turned one and the wife is due in July with the second.

Who built your tank if you don't mind me asking. It's beautiful, I love the holes for the closed loop.

This will be my future come July. My daughter just turned one and the wife is due in July with the second.

Ah someone else into self torture. Good luck!

Ok how about an update of what Ive been up to.

First I got 250lbs of new dry rock. Ended up going with this because the price was good and macro rock wasnt available.
WviHnA9.jpg

Starts out looking decent.
rnpzCGp.jpg

and not much rubble for 250 lbs in 5 boxes.
e7RdBp0.jpg

So on with the Cleaning. I did 5-7 days of bleach( 5 gallons in about 80 gallons of water) Followed by a full fresh water flush, 24 hours in fresh water with prime. Then did a full 24 hours in muriatic acid same concentration, followed by two full fresh water flushes. After that everything was set out dry out again.
0g6VaEb.jpg

After the acid dip
Im2fnRw.jpg

Everything came out looking really clean
yBeIXTv.jpg

I then did the same process with all my old live rock that I left to dry out but I pressure washed them first to blow off anything I could prior to the bleaching and acid dip.

SapMk4I.jpg

First two rounds of rock done(maybe 400lbs shown). I think Im at around 800lbs all cleaned and I still have about 100lbs left to go thats in the temp setup still.
VOSYnLs.jpg

So the rock is read to go and waiting. There are a few rocks I am going to redo the acid dip on because I still see some brown crap on them, and once I take the temp system down Ill have to run those rocks through the process.

Ok next step was building a pipe hanger block for the pipes coming through the ceiling.

Test fitting.
3JlwKE4.jpg

Everything all fit in.
36NsTg4.jpg

Then I added some plywood to go under the drywall so I can hang the pipes as they turn toward the wall.
wmilWtC.jpg

I also got the support posts installed. Notice I tripled up the beams under the tank, increased the walls to 6" stud and located the beams at the center point of the tank above.
64y2H5z.jpg

And drywall has begun, hopefully to be finished in the next week or two.
qZirY67.jpg

ifCsesU.jpg

So current status is finishing drywall and hunting for a concrete company to come redo the epoxy flooring. Once all that is done I can start actual setup and cycling the rocks.

Im also meeting with grouper therapy to go over stand design.

Slow progress continues in the few hours everyone else is asleep.

Try using Sodium Percarbonate to get rid of the organics. You can get it on Amazon for $15 for a 5lb bag. It's Ozyclean without and detergents. When mixed with water in makes H2O2 and it will do a lot of damage to any organics on the rock. Then bleach soak or acid bath them and it will be all gone.

OOOH that sounds like something I want to do. Do you have a link for that? Whats the mix ratio?

I want to fully nuke all rock for this startup. Cant hurt to do it after the bleach and acid.

I'd do it for twice with letting it soak for a coupe days each and before the bleach and/or acid when possible. But no, it won't hurt to do it on the rock you've already done.
Here's a sheet I found on it. I generally mix it pretty fricken strong for anything with algae on it. For the rock I'd do half the bag one day and the other half for the second treatment. At least that's my plan with the same trough you have. I'm going to mix it up before I put the rock in and top off the water if needed after I've put as much rock as I can fit in there. I want the peroxide to get deep into the pukani I have.

Back