Dream Tank w/ Fish Room Planning

Reefchef

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello fellow reefers, I hope everyone has been doing well. Since I'm still working overseas I have a lot of extra time to dream and plan our next tank build. We actually already bought our first piece of equipment, a 7 stage 200 gpd brs rodi!!! This is just the beginning stages, we will probably be buying items over the next 6 months to a year. It all depends on how impatient the boss gets!!!

We plan to convert our formal dining room into our new fish tank room, which will be on the opposite side of the garage for our fish room. We plan to have a 8x10 fish room added into our garage, the contractor is supposed to do it this month. We plan to have it insulated to try to help control the temps, we will have to observe and make changes as necessary as far as the temperatures and humidity in the room. This will house all of the equipment, we want it as quiet and enjoyable as possible while observing the tank! Plus the boss doesn't want me dripping water all over her new wood floors! Yes ma'am I will have the fish room built!

We plan to have a 260 gallon 72x30x26 tank from a builder in Florida, I would love to have a CDA tank and stand but the price of their stands are hard to swallow for me personally. This guy offers a 3 year warranty with his stand, plus he does work for Top Shelf aquatics and quite a few more on R2R. I will include a picture of the stand that he does that we really liked, it will actually be a wrapped metal stand. He also uses 3/4" glass euro braced, so it should be a monster!

I will also include an equipment list that we're thinking about so far, based off of what we learned the short period the first time. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

1. 72x32x26 3/4" euro braced tank, stand, and canopy. I'm leaning toward the canopy because the light spillage bothers my wife.
2. Sump - Synergy Reef CL60 or SK60 I'm just not personally overly excited by roller mats.
3. ATO - thinking about using Avast Marine ATO with BRS peristatic pump, I love spectrapure but not almost $500 for an ATO! Sorry
4. Rerun Pump - I'm thinking about an Abyzz A200, I'm still not sure. But I would like to run 1 pump for everything, including a manifold with uv, reactors as needed, and future frag tank. I'd rather stay with an internal pump with some serious flow rather then an external pump.
5.Controller - I'm actually thinking about only running a Hydros wave engine to control possibly 4 Octopulse 4's. I'm leaning away from running an Apex right now.
6. Tester - This would be later, not right away. I like the mastertronic at this point in time, but you know things are always changing!!!
7. Lights - I like the Orpheks, but may give the new Noopsyches a try to save a few bucks plus I actually liked their hybrid set up before. I've seen a few Noop tanks on R2R, their looking pretty good.
8. Skimmer - Once again would love to have a BK 250, but I'm not sure yet as this is not looking like a cheap build at this point!!! I would probably go with a Reef Octopus as a back up if price becomes a major issue.
9. Water Station - BRS 7 stage 200 gpd rodi with 2 65 gallon vertical tanks.

I'm hoping to make this our last dream build!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20210720-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210720-WA0004.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-20210720-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210720-WA0003.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 103
What’s up man!! Glad to hear from you. I didn’t know you finally made it over seas. No wonder you haven’t been responding to text.

I remember that tank!! That’s awesome you found the builder. Exciting stuff man!

What’s up man!! Glad to hear from you. I didn’t know you finally made it over seas. No wonder you haven’t been responding to text.

I remember that tank!! That’s awesome you found the builder. Exciting stuff man!
Nothing much, just trying to make the most of it!!! I'm in Poland, so I'm at least in a safe zone not dealing with that foolishness in Afghanistan. Yeah, I had to cancel that number I'll shoot you a DM.

I seen some of the troubles that you've been having, I'm hoping that you get it back on track I miss the updates.

Yeah, I was able to locate the builder. He's built some more good ones on R2R, the price seems fair. I'm coming home on leave next month, so I'm planning a trip with the family to Florida!;)🤣🤣 Thanks, I'm getting excited it should be a great build.

Abyzz/Bk/spectrapure/Noop. I think I know a guy ;) haha.

Hurry home I miss my buddy. This tank is going to be awesome. Can’t wait to help set it up with you and play in the fish room!

PS, his stand is so sick. It’s worth every penny IMO. We can drive down and pick it up in my trailer.

Abyzz/Bk/spectrapure/Noop. I think I know a guy ;) haha.

Hurry home I miss my buddy. This tank is going to be awesome. Can’t wait to help set it up with you and play in the fish room!
I can sort of swallow the price of the of the Abyzz and the BK, but the spectrapure has almost doubled in price. I know things are inflated right now, but dang!!! It's a great product, but that's crazy. Plus my storage tank will be just a few feet from the sump this time, so I wont have to worry about pulling water so far like last time.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss you to my brother! 🤣 I'm hoping so, because no more after this. I'm hoping to do everything right this time and make it the tank!!!

PS, his stand is so sick. It’s worth every penny IMO. We can drive down and pick it up in my trailer.
I really like what I see, and everyone that I have come across speaks highly of his work.

I will definitely take you up on the offer, if only to see you leave Cummings!🤣🤣🤣

I really like what I see, and everyone that I have come across speaks highly of his work.

I will definitely take you up on the offer, if only to see you leave Cummings!🤣🤣🤣

Now, Now, Now I have been to your house, I can't understand why anyone would want to live 2 hours from civilization like you do lol.

Nothing much, just trying to make the most of it!!! I'm in Poland, so I'm at least in a safe zone not dealing with that foolishness in Afghanistan. Yeah, I had to cancel that number I'll shoot you a DM.

I seen some of the troubles that you've been having, I'm hoping that you get it back on track I miss the updates.

Yeah, I was able to locate the builder. He's built some more good ones on R2R, the price seems fair. I'm coming home on leave next month, so I'm planning a trip with the family to Florida!;)🤣🤣 Thanks, I'm getting excited it should be a great build.
Poland seems a lot better place to be, especially with recent events in Afghanistan, so I’m glad that didn’t pan out with you going there.

As far as tank updates on my end, I picked up another money pit of a hobby. I bought a boat :)

Can’t wait to see the new tank tho.

Glad to hear you are doing well! Let me know when you want to move this tank in so I can make sure to have other plans! Jk Can't wait to see the new setup.

Now, Now, Now I have been to your house, I can't understand why anyone would want to live 2 hours from civilization like you do lol.
You've been to my half of house when it was gutted!!! It has it's perks, we enjoy the land and the peacefulness.

Poland seems a lot better place to be, especially with recent events in Afghanistan, so I’m glad that didn’t pan out with you going there.

As far as tank updates on my end, I picked up another money pit of a hobby. I bought a boat :)

Can’t wait to see the new tank tho.
That's an understatement, I love it here. I would take this over Afghanistan any day even at twice the pay, before it got like it is now. You couldn't put a dollar amount on even thinking of that place! The scary part is, I would have been at the Embassy which is the number 1 target.

That is definitely a money pit, but at least you won't have to worry about taking any losses. But it is still an expensive hobby, but more relaxing.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Like I said, I would love to have a CDA tank but the cost of their stands and canopy put's them out of reach!

Glad to hear you are doing well! Let me know when you want to move this tank in so I can make sure to have other plans! Jk Can't wait to see the new setup.
Thanks! It's nice to see you posting, I haven't seen you on much lately. How's the family doing, still loving fatherhood! Now how would I ever be able to get it perfectly level without you buddy! Thanks, hopefully the fish room will be done next week. The contractor has already confirmed it at least.

At minimum look into a large dehumidifier and an exhaust fan( that goes to the outside) A small A/C unit and an air exchanger are better.

I also got PVC baseboards in my room in case of(when I have) a flood.

At minimum look into a large dehumidifier and an exhaust fan( that goes to the outside) A small A/C unit and an air exchanger are better.

I also got PVC baseboards in my room in case of(when I have) a flood.
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

I was planning to run a dehumidifier. I wasn't sure about cooling yet, I was thinking of having a split air system installed but I wanted to monitor the room first after being built. I'm having a fan installed over the door vented into the garage, we leave our door open most of the time anyway plus we can also open the windows. I'm not sure its the best idea, but I figured it was a start. I planned to use the pvc base boards after I paint and lay the LVP. Not that we would ever have a flood or let our storage tanks run over! 🤣

How is your tank going, it's been a long time since we've seen an update on the 330!

Amazon.com: AC Infinity AIRLIFT T12, Shutter Exhaust Fan 12-inch with Temperature Humidity Controller - Wall Mount Ventilation and Cooling for Sheds, Attics, Workshops : Tools & Home Improvement

So I may end up doing a build thread at a later point once we get closer, I'm not sure yet. We did make a little progress this week, we got the fish room completed. We still have to paint it, run electrical, and decide what we're going to do about hvac. Of course the boss wasn't all that happy once it was completed and she realized the amount of space it took up. I had to remind here that I was giving up my half of the garage for the fish room, plus we still have a 2 car detached garage that I can park in! The room ended up being 8x11, which I think will be more than enough. I will be coming home on leave next month for a couple of weeks, during this time I'm hoping to at least paint the room!!! I'm not very optimistic at this point, unfortunately at this point time is money. I know the family is going to go crazy when I get there, so the family will be the first priority!

IMG-20210913-WA0002.jpgIMG-20210913-WA0009.jpgIMG-20210913-WA0019.jpgIMG-20210913-WA0027.jpgIMG-20210914-WA0004.jpgIMG-20210914-WA0009.jpg

I had a buddy go down to Macon to pick up our next piece of equipment. I was able to find a synergy reef cl60 sump on r2r for a great price. It's not the color I wanted but who cares! I also received a 10 gallon matching ato and 800 watt heater and controller. The boss had to check it out for me first, thanks buddy!
IMG-20211002-WA0008.jpgIMG-20211002-WA0005.jpgIMG-20211002-WA0004.jpgIMG-20211002-WA0003.jpg

Back