Enders new 330g system

enderg60

Market
Reaction score
Let the build begin! Just got confirmation my new tank is finished and being shipped.

Tank is 84x30x30 and right under 330 gallons. Holes in the eurobrace are for the close loop piping.
ranLSps.jpg

Start of work framing out the fish room and garage.
eL38hJL.jpg

Mixing station piped up and ready for a leak test.
yMqFfeB.jpg

Temporary holding system while the fish room gets built. Still have to get the lights mounted and the apex installed before I can move the critters and take down the old tank.
6aatg4o.jpg

More to come as the build slowly progresses.

I love that "Testing Kit Box"!!

I love it too, I got really sick of having a box of boxes of test kits. Thats a music equipment case with pick and pull foam. I highly recommend it, and not just for the high level of nerd it has.

i was gonna comment the same it looks like a maze lol

Its not that bad!

So you have the abiltiy to dump FW into the salt tank, and drain both tanks if need be.
Then you have gravity feeds for FW to fill dosing tanks and the ATO.
Then the mix pump can just circulate water in the salt tank, or be diverted to the funnel where I will add dry salt and let it mix with water before it goes into the tank.
Then the mix pump can be diverted to pump both FW and SW to the tank for top off or water changes, or it can be diverted to another pipe to fill jugs or buckets.

I got the APEX setup on the temp system and its running so I just need to get the water right and get the lights mounted and I can start bringing over the critters.

This is going to be a busy week.

Making progress on the holding system. Got the apex running, lights and dosing mounted and ATO jug in place.
KyXMjwG.jpg
y4x8Fjw.jpg

Im going to bring a few corals over today or tomorrow and watch the parameters for now. Hopefully I can bring the rest this weekend.

Also got the metal stands in place and the plywood tops cut. Here is the rack for buckets, the closed loop pumps and the halide ballasts and in back the dual 75g tanks that will end up as my QT setup.

XsByF2M.jpg

Here we have the two stands I will be bolting together that will hold the two 160g frag tanks on top. Underneath will be the 150g rubbermaid fuge, 70g rubbermaid sump, pumps and all other filtration goodness. Behind is the stand for the algae scrubber and skimmer, and in the corner will be the mixing station.
FP2v6uz.jpg

Two frag tanks waiting in the other garage.
NcfUHtr.jpg

And a closeup of my testing box. This covers the day to day testing needs. I still need to pickup ammonia, nitrite and copper test kits to get the new system running, but I dont think they need to be in the box.
ZNjDHGe.jpg

And a few pics of the old tank before I rip it apart.
GzIq2Pi.jpg
9WwHEud.jpg

uuXRz7i.jpg

Its was built by Miracles aquarium. I actually contacted 12 places, only 3 ever replied. Miracles came in with the best price and the best customer feedback.

Got a few of the corals moved over and Im watching the parameters, so far so good. I hope to get most of the livestock moved this weekend.

Started moving corals that would fit in a 5 gallon bucket, turns out I have 5 gallons of blue tort.
oWZxN01.jpg

And it turns out my teal tort does not fit in a 5 gallon bucket. So he will wait until tomorrow in the sump. I cant believe how fast this thing grew, it was a 2" frag 4 years ago.
rvgwyl9.jpg

First round in their temporary home.

hRi5ZtT.jpg

GQueNnU.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be fun figuring out how to move two foot corals.

Hard part is done. Just have to catch 2 wrasses and 2 blennies I cant find until the the canopy comes off and the last rocks come out.
xzXAVwi.jpg

This Big ass purple stylo was a pain to move. ended up having to haul this and the teal tort in a 30 gallon tupperware container.

zBecGxz.jpg

I dont think I could have crammed any more corals in these tubs. But its almost all there.

xHpCGCn.jpg

84BFJ5C.jpg

even had to put the frags in the sump.
PnqrFRU.jpg

Now I just need to find a mover to pickup and deliver my tank, my movers just backed out :(

Well its been a hard few days. Ive had multiple companies tell me they can pickup my tank and deliver it and then flake on me and to top it off my big anemone decided to move and find his way into the only pump in the system. On his way he took out my teal tort, rommels rainbow milli and midnight walker corals. the bits of him that the pump spread around killed all but my clown fish and took out about 1/3 of my other corals. At this point Im just hoping I can get my tank delivered and hopefully some of the corals will survive. These are the days when Im glad I have scotch on hand.

Let the build begin! Just got confirmation my new tank is finished and being shipped.

Tank is 84x30x30 and right under 330 gallons. Holes in the eurobrace are for the close loop piping.
ranLSps.jpg

Start of work framing out the fish room and garage.
eL38hJL.jpg

Mixing station piped up and ready for a leak test.
yMqFfeB.jpg

Temporary holding system while the fish room gets built. Still have to get the lights mounted and the apex installed before I can move the critters and take down the old tank.
6aatg4o.jpg

More to come as the build slowly progresses.
Who built it for you ?

Really sorry about all your losses man. The new build will be as amazing as the last. Let me know when you get it going I'll give frags of what I can. It is nice to have some stuff in other places.

After a whole lot of BS its finally here!
ePqGmMs.jpg
Beautiful. Sorry for your nem and coral loss. I know the feeling as I lost my entire pink lemonade and red planet mother colonies among other frags while on vacation. Let me know once you get it set up and I'd be happy to help restock it with some frags if you'd like.

Thanks I appreciate that!

Well its been slow going with a one year old and a very pregnant wife, but I have made progress! Spent a ton of time ziptieing the heating coil together but its finally done.
UCXWFZB.jpg

Got started on the tank to basement piping, and let my OCD take over. Its about 90% done and glued in sections so I can take it down and paint it all before the final install.
ZfT2rn6.jpg

mfiyMhx.jpg

Got the skimmer and algae scrubber on their stand and in position. Pipes from the tank come down right above.
zp7vzZo.jpg

Now its time to pull everything out of the fish room again and get the drywall in there, and the floors coated. While all this is going on Ill be doing rounds of bleaching and acid dipping the rocks, painting the pipes and working on a design for the stand.

Lots do to and just getting started!

Back