Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

This GD tank…currently still FOWLR with gsp.

We were at a restaurant yesterday which had a Mickey Mouse reef tank with Kenya trees, gsp, a ton of mushrooms…just a basic softy tank…and my wife comments “oh what a beautiful tank”

That’s some cold shit coming from her 😂

Anyhow I need to get my tank in gear. I tested the po4 and it was 1.12. I’m going to make a concentrated effort to get it down and get some corals in there.

DCC407E4-672F-4233-8B49-24F3C9E41E5D.jpeg

My understanding is phosphates are used by corals to some degree but they need nitrates to do it. I have been dosing nitrates for some time now because for whatever reason my nitrates will go to zero if I do not.

I am looking to see if I can find more articles on this.

Last edited:
My understanding is phosphates are used by corals to some degree but they need nitrates to do it. I have been dosing nitrates for some time now because for whatever reason my nitrates will go to zero if I do not.

I am looking to see if I can find more articles on this.

I have plenty of nitrates in my tank if ya'll wanna take some! 🤣

Yep good old SeaKlear…

I plan to drop the po4. Stuff a bunch of macro algae in the Fuge and start putting in zoas to see if the can last more than a week

Diluted into a sock. I’ve tried the skimmer before and found that it wasn’t as effective.

I read you have to use a long dripped and drip it down into the skimmer body
I tried into the skimmer body and also into the intake but noticed that it was not as effective but also it built up flocculent on the surface of the skimmer chamber in my sump.
I don't see any when I drip into the sock. None of the tangs appeared affected but you never know...

Last edited:
Twice a day alternating between pellets and frozen plus nori 3x/week.

Glass is staying cleaner longer…I just have to watch to make sure the tangs aren’t getting too skinny

Back