Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

Rainblood

Supporting
Reaction score
Scored a 150g tank from an ARC member here. It'll be our first "big" tank and also the first tank requiring a sump.

I honestly have mixed feelings. It was a great deal but I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be because of looming maintenance involved.
I've really enjoyed the little IM40 and my 50g frag tank. 150 is a big jump - fingers crossed, we'll see how it goes.

Mr. Rainblood: Do we have any furniture sliders?
Mrs. Rainblood: Yes

Mr. Rainblood proceeds to empty out most of the tank and then asks Mrs. Rainblood where the furniture sliders are.

Mrs. R: We don’t have any furniture sliders
Mr. R: What the…

For anyone wondering - Walmart closes at 11PM and Kroger closes at Midnight. Kroger does not carry furniture sliders.

Mr. Rainblood: Do we have any furniture sliders?
Mrs. Rainblood: Yes

Mr. Rainblood proceeds to empty out most of the tank and then asks Mrs. Rainblood where the furniture sliders are.

Mrs. R: We don’t have any furniture sliders
Mr. R: What the…

For anyone wondering - Walmart closes at 11PM and Kroger closes at Midnight. Kroger does not carry furniture sliders.
so how did you end up moving it?

Emptied everything out. Removed the tank. Moved the stand. Replaced the tank. Refill & reconnect everything.
So like 5 hours minus a trip to a closed Walmart and a useless Kroger...so maybe 4 hours total.

8AC1E530-BBF0-4880-A592-212C12045230.jpeg

On My Way Reaction GIF by OceanX

You've been busy! I see we have some painting done, tank in place and even hung some pictures on the wall. Waiting on the update pics :)

This tank is a little different. I honestly wasn’t looking for a tank. Or looking to go bigger.
A deal just came about and I bought it on impulse.
Both of my prior tanks are AIOs so there’s a big learning curve and a lot of equipment to buy. And a lot of research - I know nothing about classic set ups with sumps.
And now I have to research fish again too.
And figure out rockscape. I’m leaning toward a negative space scape with minimal sand.
And this is eurobraced so I just realized I cannot even use lighting brackets.

And so it sits empty until I get my sh!t together, lol

All takes time and patience. Check out the rockscape on my 120. Took my wife months to get it like she wanted.
One thing I wish I would have listened to others about is my sump for the cube tank. I got a 40 breeder and a kit. Thought it came out great, but now after 6 months a few of the seems are letting loose. Dont think I'll go that route again unless I use strictly glass for baffles.

Back