Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

Carbon dosing with vodka has led to a cyano outbreak. Switching to vinegar mixed with kalk.
NO3 is about 40 and PO4 is .2

Added a magnifica anemone to the tank in hopes that it would host the clowns but sadly…clowns are ignoring

I had one CSB in the tank which previously split and now it looks like it wants to split again. I’m keeping a vigilant eye on the CSBs with the addition of the magnifica.

Added a bag of carbon to the tank. I honestly have not done a water change for the tank in about 6mo mainly due to it being nearly a FOWLR with a couple of softies

Picasso trigger has been behaving and is gorgeous

IMG_4759.jpegIMG_4760.jpeg
IMG_4758.jpeg

Last edited:
Carbon dosing with vodka has led to a cyano outbreak. Switching to vinegar mixed with kalk.
NO3 is about 40 and PO4 is .2

Added a magnifica anemone to the tank in hopes that it would host the clowns but sadly…clowns are ignoring

I had one CSB in the tank which previously split and now it looks like it wants to split again. I’m keeping a vigilant eye on the CSBs with the addition of the magnifica.

Added a bag of carbon to the tank. I honestly have not done a water change for the tank in about 6mo mainly due to it being nearly a FOWLR with a couple of softies

Picasso trigger has been behaving and is gorgeous

View attachment 84795View attachment 84796
View attachment 84794

Are you sure that’s cyano? I would check it out under a scope to make sure it’s not some sort of Dino. I know your nutrients are high but I’ve had Dinos with high nutrient levels before as well.

Back