Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

Well now get that tank loaded up with coral!

Taking donations...🤣

Not at his phosphate levels. Thats cray cray
Well maybe one cray. Definitely not two crays 😅
LPS seem to be doing ok at .1 phosphates so far. Ideally, I'd like it to by closer to .05 but I've nuked a tank before using lanthanum so I am being a bit overly cautious

Not at his phosphate levels. Thats cray cray
Fun Toronto GIF by No Fun®

Still can’t grow any corals in this tank beyond leathers and Xenia. Zoas just melt

I’ve stopped dripping lanthinum and the PO4 bounces around a lot but stays under .1. Nitrates are pretty low >10ish

I’m doubling down boys…

07B30F09-BFCA-4C37-9BF1-87F98297A6E8.jpeg

how goes the calcium reactor set up tho? I had high nitrates as well in the past, then I started DIY NoPox and did it very slow over the course of several months. It was crazy, it was stuck at 50+ and like nothing was happening, then literally within 48 hours it went from 50+ down to zero. Corals did not like it, several turned grey.

how goes the calcium reactor set up tho? I had high nitrates as well in the past, then I started DIY NoPox and did it very slow over the course of several months. It was crazy, it was stuck at 50+ and like nothing was happening, then literally within 48 hours it went from 50+ down to zero. Corals did not like it, several turned grey.
calrx is still sitting next to the tank. everytime i start looking at it something invariably comes up.
my house has been a revolving hotel for the past month or so with family flying in and out...hopefully it slows down

Looks like Dino’s. Do you have a UV?
Lol. My nutrients are super high…last time I checked my po4 was 2.0 and nitrates were about 90.

I’ve recently started dripping SeaKlear (again) and carbon dosing with vodka to try to get it under control

Back