Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

Nothing great.
Elegance still looks pretty bad - I dipped it in Reef Dip but that didnt seem to do anything.

Po4 is around .15
No3 is around 20-25ish
alk 8.5
ca 500
mg 1440

Sps are doing ok - not great. Some acros are doing better than others - I mightve put them in too early.
Lps seem normal.

Sand looks like shit. I bought to 2 tiger conchs and some dwarf hermits today

I know I swore off clams but an opportunity came to buy a healthy one so I took it.
Acrylic box is there to protect it from the Regal who used it as a soccer ball for the first hour when it was introduced

View attachment 54331

I've tried removing the acrylic box after a few days and the hippo still moves the clam around. Sooooo...I'm not too sure what to do now.

Thanks bud. If I can't figure something out you may be babysitting this clam indefinitely, lol.
If phosphates continue to be an issue I'll drip SeaKlear monthly or biweekly until it comes down.

All right we need an update buttercup

powerpuff girls ppg GIF

Only bad things have been happening and outlined in no particular order

1. tank is going through a very ugly phase
2. 1 china wrasse jumped to its death leaving me only 1 left
3. clam is still posing as the pope behind a bulletproof acrylic box
4. my dumb ass left the rodi on and semi flooded the office...i dried most of it or so i thought until the hardwoods started cupping. now i have a textured floor....did not go well with the wife. i think i may be able to sand them down level again but i may end up creating a bigger mess.

that being said...any hardwood experts on this board? lol

4. my dumb ass left the rodi on and semi flooded the office...i dried most of it or so i thought until the hardwoods started cupping. now i have a textured floor....did not go well with the wife. i think i may be able to sand them down level again but i may end up creating a bigger mess.

4. 1649817719452.gif

My biocube just got through the ugly phase and now we have dinos. I think everyone has experienced an RO flood

In my experience the floors are toast. They may not be finished cupping until the wood moisture gets back down to about 11%. You can sand the cup but the curl(at the edges) will crack eventually from being too thin.

Po4 is around 1.0 in this tank. I think it’s the rocks leaching phosphates. Zoas last about a week before they melt.

I’ve been debating whether or not to put lanthinum chloride on the doser but that just seems like a crash waiting to happen especially with having to manually check po4.

This tank has been running for about 9 months

Po4 is around 1.0 in this tank. I think it’s the rocks leaching phosphates. Zoas last about a week before they melt.

I’ve been debating whether or not to put lanthinum chloride on the doser but that just seems like a crash waiting to happen especially with having to manually check po4.

This tank has been running for about 9 months
1.0? !!! Lanthium Chloride would be the most cost effective

Yeh...tell me about it. I've been trying to drip it various ways (skimmer, overflow, sock) but the results have been pretty inconsistent.
Plus I have tangs and your squammy in there.

I've read it can take up to 2+ years for all of the po4 to leach out of rocks. I don't want to wait that long but don't want to nuke everything like I did in the IM40.

GSP looks like it's loving the high phosphate! I bet xenia would grow pretty well in there too. @Adam has some I believe ;)

Back