Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

It’s not timid and hunts all the time but can only eat small pieces of food. If a worm is too big it’ll inhale it, spit it out, inhale, spit, inhale…until it gets it into manageable pieces.
I have to target feed it blackworms. Wait for it to finish chewing. Target feed again. Chew. Feed.
Out of 10 worms it’ll maybe get 5.

Just watching it eat is like watching pandas becoming extinct bc they refuse to procreate…

I have these somewhat silly magnet frag discs that a friend gave me. I finally decided to put some small branching euphyllia on them to see what happens.

It is rather silly but…

03E70190-1FEC-4B2E-9A8E-4038A579354B.jpeg

Things got onary in the acclimation box and we had to release these 2 sooner than anticipated. Thus far they seem to be doing ok…pecking at the rocks and drifting in the current. They are about the same size as my skunk cleaners. Hopefully they are able to get food out of the water column because I don’t think any hits the ground in this tank

F3E34132-4EC2-4456-94A5-1C882D936BCE.jpeg

Well Done Thumbs Up GIF

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are doing great. Eating pellets. Holding their own with the other tank mates. I’m happy. Now, I just hope 1 turns male…if not you guys will be seeing a $500 China wrasse for sale soon lol

I cannot tell if the ogo is doing well or not. The ice cap sump has a slow flow refugium which gets very little flow. I added a small powerhead in the opposite chamber to add a little flow but it doesn't really do much. Theres a little bit of protein build-up on the surface of the fuge section. I'l let it ride a little longer and then probably figure something else out...

First acros are in the tank - asd rainbow, op, pretty in pink & garf bonsai

50CFA84F-E6E6-47E6-92AB-F5692DDD0796.jpeg

I know I swore off clams but an opportunity came to buy a healthy one so I took it.
Acrylic box is there to protect it from the Regal who used it as a soccer ball for the first hour when it was introduced

EA2975D6-9E6E-4A2C-BF72-95BB98C93624.jpeg

Phosphates were over .25 and I decided to drop diluted SeaKlear into a 10 micron sock to reduce it.

The first run was 1ml mixed in ~20oz of rodi water which reduced the phosphates to .29 to .22

The second run was 2ml mixed in 20oz which reduced it from .22 to .12

I’m gonna leave it at .12 for a bit because that was a pretty big drop. Alk also dropped during the treatment from about 8.5 to 8.3

Fish all seem fine - no labored breathing. Corals look ok

D1C118B9-E0DF-4415-9B24-95D3A0A95731.jpeg

What prompted me to treat was that my elegance can closed up for a couple of days. Everything else seemed ok but I couldn’t figure out what was going on with it. We’ll see I guess

Back