Chapter 3: 150g SCA Tank

All takes time and patience. Check out the rockscape on my 120. Took my wife months to get it like she wanted.
One thing I wish I would have listened to others about is my sump for the cube tank. I got a 40 breeder and a kit. Thought it came out great, but now after 6 months a few of the seems are letting loose. Dont think I'll go that route again unless I use strictly glass for baffles.
With the price of acrylic sky rocketing due to Covid, when I made my DIY sump, I got the local glass company to make the baffles; cheaper and easier to attach. I haven't priced acrylic lately so maybe the price has dropped back down.

With the price of acrylic sky rocketing due to Covid, when I made my DIY sump, I got the local glass company to make the baffles; cheaper and easier to attach. I haven't priced acrylic lately so maybe the price has dropped back down.
Glass is expensive too, if I do another DIY sump I'll probably cut up a cheap used tank to make the baffles.

I just picked up about 75lbs of dryrock. I didn't realize how many different types of rock there were.
Will be working on the rockscape sometime in the future.

I also really fell in like with naso tangs and have been reading, well watching videos, on them for the past few days. I found out Rit had a small blonde naso in stock (hidden away) and picked it up today. It'll be living in the frag tank until I get this one up and running

So this probably isn’t the best idea but I’ve started collecting fish for this tank.
I bought a blonde naso and a m/f pair of blue throats

My half-assed plan is to “qt” them in my existing tanks because I know I won’t be able to catch them in the 150g.
The blonde naso is in the 50g lowboy and the 2 triggers are in the IM40.

This should light a fire under my ass to get the 150 plumbed, scaped, etc

88311BA6-F830-4CE6-A52D-37EAA13A7DB2.jpeg
46ACC2BB-B568-4F19-94FD-BD94B06B40BC.jpeg

Last edited:
I think mostly marco with some odds and ends - a couple pieces of shelfing and tonga.
I think most of it will be broken or sawed apart and glued back together to create a super groovy reefscape

Ok...Im confused - this is what the back of the tank looks like.
How are you supposed to plumb this?

1630697403399.png

Wait sorry, how do you reach down the overflow to plumb the bulkheads?
Figure out the sizing of everything that goes inside the overflow, then pre-assemble outside of overflow. So you would connect plumbing to bulkhead first then lower into the hole. I think I am understanding the question correctly? Thats what I did for my 210.

Waiting for plumbing parts to arrive. Decided to mess around with the aquascape. My initial idea was to do a negative space aquascape but I quickly nixed that idea due to the amount of work involved.

36816F3E-AE53-41A9-A84B-0A2B9FFB56B4.jpegD33C6C31-C1C7-49E8-A448-5301D5C79939.jpeg1108EA12-0655-4AAE-A652-7871B0E0A123.jpeg

Back