Looking to go dive! Need some dive buddies

<u>"Those T2's are insane, but I could never afford to splurge on one of those bad boys."</u>

You can when an atomic sales rep knows who you are and knows your an instructor who comes in contact with alot of students and will sell the product. then you get one for OH LETS SAY $350. you can find a T2 for around $850 (about 40% off) if you shop around these days since most dive stores are hurting hurting hurting and need to turn some cash.

So now that I have interested buddies! I have to do 5/14 or 5/15 or both to get some dives in. I'm working down at the GA Aquarium and have to meet their minimum logged dives to work in the tanks. I'm shy by 9, and these are the only days I'm available to dive in May. There are 2 locations -
http://www.lochlow-minn.com/index.html">
</a>[B][IMG]http://www.lochlow-minn.com/index.html"><span style="font-size: 12px">Loch Low-Minn Dive Resort Athens, Tenn - $20/diver</span></a>[/B]

[IMG]http://www.divealabama.com/Welcome.html">Blue Water Alabama /Dive Alabama - Pelham, AL - $25/diver</a>

I've been to Blue Water, but believe both are about 2 1/2 hrs away from West Cobb area. Let me know if you can go and which site preferred, then we can get logistics. I'm of course up for diving all year! This is just the first of many!

Brian

I don't know if it's still open, but there was another one called diveland out in alabama right over the border. http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/locations/DiveLandParkAL.html">http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/locations/DiveLandParkAL.html</a>

There was also one up in White, GA too, but I don't know if it is still open. It was called Dive Haven.

You also can dive Lanier and Lake Jocassee/Lake Keowee up in SC. All within around 2-2 1/2 hr drive. I don't know if they still run dives at the hot hole, but that was always a blast of a dive.

There used to be one call rock divers out in madison, AL, but it has since closed I believe.

Pelham or MLL are fine MLL is actually whole lot closer to me. As for diveland in White Ga that is a suicide/manslaughter waiting to happen. If you stay on far side and stay above 30' it's ok but don't recommend. As mentioned West bank at Lanier can get you bottom time. Lake Jocasse is really the best location but have to deal with dive boat operator and his time schedule. How about a weekend run to PC and do a couple wreck dives or take in th jetty's

You can dive off the boat launch at jocassee and get down deep quickly. They have downlines and a platform or two. Not much to see there though.

Dive Haven is in White, GA. Diveland is in Glencoe, AL.

I actually really like diving Lanier. Crusing the banks in 10-15' of water and a ton of fish to look at.

I had considered putting together a "learn to dive" group together and then followup with an ARC trip down to somewhere within driving distance (in the ocean).

Sounds like we have plenty of interest here for when it gets a little warmer...

mojo;639842 wrote: I had considered putting together a "learn to dive" group together and then followup with an ARC trip down to somewhere within driving distance (in the ocean).

Sounds like we have plenty of interest here for when it gets a little warmer...

Two of my three teenagers want to learn to dive soon...

When are you thinking of starting the class

I'm game to go diving with you. If were gonna do quarry diving, then I prefer Pelham. Decent depth and decent vis. When I'm diving locally I usually dive my dry suit and doubles. If that's ok then lets plan a dive. I dive year round so I'm good with any suggestions on dates.

wannaplayatlanta;639847 wrote: Two of my three teenagers want to learn to dive soon...

When are you thinking of starting the class

Not sure - maybe the May / June timeframe. I was going to set it up through a local shop, so that we'd get a group rate.

I talked to a place I trust earlier this year, and they were on board with the idea. Sounds like I need to start planning something!

Then lets do Blue Water in Pelhem. I dont have a dry suit so being a little more south sounds better to me temp wise! Liked the PC idea.. but also need to save some money! So 5/14 or 5/15 or both in Pelhem.

Add your name here if you are in for that weekend. I'm game for any of above. If both, we could just stay the night/split cost on hotel.

wannaplayatlanta;639841 wrote: If anyone is interest in pcb my buddies own the dive locker and I can get us a good deal On a charter

are you talking about Tony, have known him since the days he was managing dixie divers right down the street from his store. great guy and will get you "key man" pricing on alot of equipment

Edit: any water below 72 degrees you will find me in a drysuit

Edit: mojo if you wind up with an exceptionally large class let me know if you want some assistance from a padi master instructor

Yeap. Tony and sue. live that couple. I buy all my gear there. I also stock his fish tanks when I go diving.

I love there toga parties too n lobster test. In going down the end of may to see them

whitmanb;639905 wrote: Then lets do Blue Water in Pelhem. I dont have a dry suit so being a little more south sounds better to me temp wise! Liked the PC idea.. but also need to save some money! So 5/14 or 5/15 or both in Pelhem.

Add your name here if you are in for that weekend. I'm game for any of above. If both, we could just stay the night/split cost on hotel.

If you wanna dive Pelham then I'm game. I would say a 7mm wet suit should be ok. Just pm me and we will set up a date. Lets go diving!

I dive in flordia when i get the chance but wife had baby so hard to find the time. I plan to dive panama city next month their are some cool recks their and good vis

I know everyone makes fun of it, but I like diving the black bart off PCB. Nice easy shallow wreck dive.

Where can I get some used dive tanks for a good price? looking for 80s or 120s.

whitmanb;640246 wrote: Where can I get some used dive tanks for a good price? looking for 80s or 120s.

craigs list best place next best place is checking local dive shops in "florida" also look around for dive shops going out of business

Edit:
Corigan;640081 wrote: I know everyone makes fun of it, but I like diving the black bart off PCB. Nice easy shallow wreck dive.

love that dive and I also love that new wreck site they discovered not to far from the strength it's called the TARB :)

yes I do love diving the bart and the strength

Corigan;640081 wrote: I know everyone makes fun of it, but I like diving the black bart off PCB. Nice easy shallow wreck dive.

so when do you want to make a weekend trip to dive the bart and tarb

Edit:
whitmanb;639905 wrote: Then lets do Blue Water in Pelhem. I dont have a dry suit so being a little more south sounds better to me temp wise! Liked the PC idea.. but also need to save some money! So 5/14 or 5/15 or both in Pelhem.

I believe 1 day at pelham is about all one could handle unless you were there for a class that required multiple days to complete

I'm hoping to get my gear serviced in the next month or two, so I am thinking sometime around July hopefully. I want to match it up with the tides so we can hit the jetties at St. Andrews too. When I am down there I always try to hit Morrison Springs too depending on how clear it is, great cavern dive for those that are trained.

The tarb, that got me the first time, lol.

You can also find tanks going pretty cheap on cave diving sites/tech diving sites, send me a PM if you want links to those forums.

Back