Looking to go dive! Need some dive buddies

whitmanb

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm looking to go do some weekend/day diving at the rock quarries to get me some dives logged. Anyone interested in joining me? I hoping to go do my first one May 14/15 weekend. Possibly Tenn or Pelham?

Let me know!

Brian

We r both certified, I'm advance and nitric and technical and my girl is a newbie. Are going to florida to dive for my thirty the end of may. Would be good to her her pin before that. Were r u thinking

wannaplayatlanta;639578 wrote: We r both certified, I'm advance and nitric and technical and my girl is a newbie. Are going to florida to dive for my thirty the end of may. Would be good to her her pin before that. Were r u thinking

nitric?:doh: didn't know you could use nitric acid in a scuba kit

I would totally go but I am not certified yet. My fiancee is going to pay for me o get certified this summer as my birthday present.

im down, cant do it the 14th and 15th as ill be in St Simons. But im tottally ready for some dives.

I need to get my gear serviced, and have a bunch of other expenses before I can do that. Hoping to have it all serviced mid summer.

would be interested keep me posted my fins have pretty much dry rotted these past couple of years

wmboots;639664 wrote: would be interested keep me posted my fins have pretty much dry rotted these past couple of years
Not to mention your a good buddy. :D

Corigan;639696 wrote: Not to mention your a good buddy. :D

thanks for the compliment get your gear serviced (mine needs it too) and lets get some dives in this year. if your using atomic (only real reg out there) take to seaventures they do a good job

wmboots;639710 wrote: thanks for the compliment get your gear serviced (mine needs it too) and lets get some dives in this year. if your using atomic (only real reg out there) take to seaventures they do a good job
Yeah, I have an atomic m1 and an apex tx50 that need servicing, and my guage. Need to get a new LPI for my wing, some tanks hydro'd and vip'd, computer pressure poted, and some new hoses and I should be set. That m1 breathes like a dream, and gives me way less jaw fatigue than the apex.

If you still live in woodstock check out H&R fire safety they do hydro, viip and O2 cleaning for like $25 a tank. checking out my tanks over the weekend I only have 2 or 3 tanks current. looks like I have about 8 -80's, 2 or 3 100's and several pony bottles 20's and 30's that all need to be hydro'd. think I will start takng a couple a month over. also need to get battery and pressure check done on hyper aqualand watch and only place in atlanta that is certified to handle it is on peachtree industrial. other than that I'm ready to dive if my back will hold up main reason I consider liveaboard as my preferred dive mode

I need to get my reg serviced, but I'm in. Anyone know where you can get Mares gear serviced? Atomic ain't the only REAL stuff out there!!

wmboots;639729 wrote: If you still live in woodstock check out H&R fire safety they do hydro, viip and O2 cleaning for like $25 a tank. checking out my tanks over the weekend I only have 2 or 3 tanks current. looks like I have about 8 -80's, 2 or 3 100's and several pony bottles 20's and 30's that all need to be hydro'd. think I will start takng a couple a month over. also need to get battery and pressure check done on hyper aqualand watch and only place in atlanta that is certified to handle it is on peachtree industrial. other than that I'm ready to dive if my back will hold up main reason I consider liveaboard as my preferred dive mode
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I will take my lp-108's and my al80's over there to get em checked out. Let me know on the watch as I have a hyper aqualand too that needs to be tested, I used it for my backup depth gauge incase the main computer blows out.

texhorns98;639736 wrote: I need to get my reg serviced, but I'm in. Anyone know where you can get Mares gear serviced? Atomic ain't the only REAL stuff out there!!

have had more than 4 rescue students think their mares was the right stuff until they had to do an equipment swap with someone with atomic. sold more M1 and T2 regs that way. mares is alright at depth but like sucking through a very small straw at depths to 70' or so. and your talking to an ex mares man who thought they were the class act until that day I tried something different called scuba pro and then opps along came atomic:lol2:. seriously in this day and age most regs are top quallity but do try out a B2 or M1 you will be in for a pleasant surprise

Edit:
texhorns98;639736 wrote: I need to get my reg serviced, but I'm in. Anyone know where you can get Mares gear serviced? Atomic ain't the only REAL stuff out there!!

seaventures handles mares servicing as well and I believe Suicide Divers, opps I mean Divers Supply still handles mares servicing but I would be sure to find out how long their service tech has been on the job and his years of experience are before I left my equipment there plus they take forever.

ROFL, I know I have sold a few M1's in my day doing OOA drills. People would pull on that badboy and couldn't believe it. :D Apex Tx50's are highly sought after tech regulators, and there is no comparison to my M1. I just use it as my octo and on my doubles setup. Those T2's are insane, but I could never afford to splurge on one of those bad boys.

Back