looking to upgrade to a 40gl breeder, sump or fiji aio box?

thehammer1429

Reaction score
hey fellas thanks for having me, this looks like a great group and id definitely like to come to one of the meet ups.

i started last year with a fluval evo 5. ive upgraded the light, return pump, media basket, uv filter, added a powerhead.
flower anemones, zoas, musrooms, and a duncan.
fish are 1 dwarf clown and a lawnmower blenny
inverts are peppermint shrimp porcelain crab emrald crab hermits snails etc.

that being said ive been wanting to upgrade and im liking the idea of a 40 gal breeder that would have plenty of floor space for growing a zoa garden or a mushroom garden an maybe a clam.

would yall go all in and get a drilled tank with a sump or do you think an almost as effective route would be to have an AIO system (keeping in mind i have no idea how to build/maintain a sump)

cost really isnt an issue, im not looking to spend a fortune but i want to do it right the first time .

thanks guys
joe

Hey I read over your post real quick. In my opinion, drilling a 40 gallon breeder is the way to go. If you are interested, I could do a job like that for you and have plenty of experience. I also have a sump that would pair well with a 40 B and could take care of the plumbing drilling setup and everything at a reasonable cost. I am currently working on a sump modification for another forum member, but once that's done, if you're interested I could set something up. for you. I also can build custom cabinets at low costs as I'm able to obtain the materials extremely cheap. I'll send you a PM.

Back