Holiday Party Suggestions

What is an approximate date range to expect? This may affect people’s choices.

My vote is for somewhere affordable (the first category), but still delicious. While my wife and I love the food at Fogo, both of us had bad aftertastes and upset stomachs the last couple times there... despite the food and atmosphere being amazing. We would still go, but our first choice would be a more affordable location.

Or new idea; maybe we could even do an event space like a bowling alley, laser tag, whirleyball. Of those, bowling would likely still be in the affordable category.

And I support holding on GA Aquarium for our 20th anniversary!

About a decade ago, we did a holiday party at a Dave & Busters. There was food, games, and plenty of space. Each member got a game card with x value on them. After that was spent, you're on your own. It was cheap and lots of fun. Families could attend, but would have to cover their own food and games (more than fair). That was a great one.

Historically, the holiday parties have been fairly inexpensive. At some point, spending went through the roof for a number of parties. Because the venues were bourgeois, there was a social element that was removed. I much preferred the cheaper parties where we can get loud, have tons of raffle prizes, and trade frags if we wanted to.

To me it will all depends on the audience, it seems that if we go the cheaper way there would be more people interested in coming because there would be more chances to get into the raffles and with more options, and not necessarily, there was a Christmas party at a venue that I remember seeing people getting lots of drinks and we have great raffles too. If this year we have something like this please limit the drinks and expend on the raffles and food haha!
Hope we all can join a great one too this year as I always have good memories from the past ones, there’s also something I can’t forget and is whenever we’re enjoying the party, there’s a moment to announce which it will be the organization that ARC will choose and receive funds for their efforts and and goals, and that’s pretty much the whole reason I’ve been a supporting member.

I would suggest that the ARC have a cash bar wherever we go.
Everyone's on their own $$ drink wise, no liability for ARC & more $$ for raffles.

Having been to the Aquarium last time, I would do it again in a minute! So, if not this year, then next for sure! (consider this an RSVP ;)

I'll probably go no matter where it is, just to get to meet some of you.

The children are the future ARC. I said it some years back here on the website about the ARC meeting were Stacy brought out the microscopes so everyone could see what’s in our tank water. Very educational and the kids loved it. I loved it.

The ARC should be a place where monthly meetings gets the interests of our younger generation. If only one of thone young attendees that witnessed the life under the microscopes that day decided to be a marine biologist or a Veterinarian; my opinion: ARC has done the community well.

Make the Christmas Party for the younger folks too! [Just my 1/2 cent]

The children are the future ARC. I said it some years back here on the website about the ARC meeting were Stacy brought out the microscopes so everyone could see what’s in our tank water. Very educational and the kids loved it. I loved it.

The ARC should be a place where monthly meetings gets the interests of our younger generation. If only one of thone young attendees that witnessed the life under the microscopes that day decided to be a marine biologist or a Veterinarian; my opinion: ARC has done the community well.

Make the Christmas Party for the younger folks too! [Just my 1/2 cent]
yeah, personally I'm 13 and I would hate to have to miss out .

yeah, personally I'm 13 and I would hate to have to miss out .
Hopefully the younger ones will be included. It’s probably too late to have something educational at the Christmas Party for the youth; but if January’s ARC meeting is still being planned, what a way to start off the new year with a workshop for the youth. Make the workshop educational and draw in the youth’s imagination. This workshop may enlightenthe youth to pursue a career in marine biology or another discipline related to caring for our pets when they get old enough to set off for college.

Just throwing this out there: Maybe the ARC could give away a free ticket (youth) to the Georgia Aquarium for every child whom has a family member whom is a ”supporting member of ARC”? If you are a youth and you are a supporting member ; you get one free pass (youth) to the Georgia Aquarium when you show up to the Christmas Party. - - just a thought of mine

Wannabee

Despite the cost i think it will be a chance for everyone to get to meet each other.

We could always try to see if we could do it at Left Nut brewery. As long as you have a parent with you. I believe underage kids are aloud.

VFW, YMCA...some were with a big room, have it catered??

Back