December 2019 ARC Meeting - Holiday Party!

December 2019 ARC Meeting - Holiday Party!
Posted by FutureInterest
Chow Time Grill & Buffet - 2055 Beaver Ruin Rd Suite G, Norcross, GA
Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 01:00 PM
Until: Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 03:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
We're looking at 160+ so far. Granted not everyone that does an RSVP shows up since there is no money put down... but this is still a ridiculously high number. :)

The private room we have cannot fit all the potential guests so there will be a specific overflow section when our room gets filled. When we're doing the drawings and other stuff we can go with standing room or bringing chairs in... We'll see as it depends on the number of folks. Anyways, try to arrive on time or even early to get your seats in the main room as its going to be first come first serve. When you arrive you will have to check-in with the hostess of the restaurant and then again at the ARC table.

Thanks! C u boys and girls soon :)
Jin

This years holiday party will be at Chow Time Grill & Buffet. It's one of the largest buffets in the Atlanta area and has a diverse selection of chinese, american, japanese, vietnamese, and korean foods available. There's something for everyone here and its a buffet so go nuts! :)

Where: 2055 Beaver Ruin Rd Suite G, Norcross, GA in the Indian Village Shopping Center. We will be in the private room in the back left near the hibachi and soup stations. We may have to move to a larger room depending on the number of folks that RSVP. So, just let them know you're with ARC when you come on in and they can direct you where we are located.

When: 12/15/2019 from 1pm - 3pm.

Cost: This is free for supporting members and their immediate family... which includes their spouse and children. You will need to RSVP to attend. So either RSVP here or send me a message that you will be attending. Make sure to include how many you are bringing.

Here are the free goodies... It's quite an amazing list :). Please keep in mind that I may adjust the list below but you get the picture... it's going to be epic. Most of the corals come from my personal collection and I only collect very nice things :).
  • Neptune Trident o_O
  • Noopsyche Light and Mounting Arm
  • GB Grand Master Krakatoa Zoa 1 polyp
  • Dragon Soul Torch 1 head
  • Gold Hammer 1 head
  • JF Aquaman Monti 1"
  • BigR Freak Nasty Monti 1"
  • JF Beach Bum Monti 1"
  • JF Top Fuel Favia 1.5"
  • RR Juggernaut Bounce 1"
  • WWC OG Bounce 1"
  • iF Black Magic Zoa 4-5
  • JPS Nightmare Zoas 4-5
  • BigR Space Chaos Zoas 3-4
  • JF Poison Passion Zoas 3-4
  • WWC Super Star Zoas 2-3
  • RRC Pretty in Pink Acro 2"
  • UC Dippin Dots Acro 2"
  • CB Banana Split Acro 1"
  • BigR Walt Disney Acro 2"
  • Alien Eye Pectina 1"
  • 7 Locally Aquacultured Unique Hybrid Clownfish

• $900 in gift cards to ARC LFS Sponsors
These will be made available in the raffle and are only for supporting members. When you arrive at our private room, head to the bar in the back of the room to check in. Every supporting member will receive 1 raffle ticket. At this point you're probably thinking... "Jin how do I get more of these raffle tickets... can I buy them?" The answer is... NO <epic face slap>. You cannot buy additional raffle tickets... as we want to make this entire event as free as possible for our supporting member base. There are however a few ways to increase your odds of getting a prize...
  • First and foremost, if you bring a piece of equipment in for donation to our School Reef Tank project, you will get an additional raffle ticket. Our School Reef Tank project is an effort for us to install reef tanks in as many schools around the Atlanta region as we can. We have a chunk of change set aside every year from our trust account to be donated for reef related education and promotion. What better way than to help with the education of our youth by having a diverse reef ecosystem to study right in their science/biology classrooms? In addition I think we'll have a lot more reefers in the long run locally and more importantly those that simply care about saving our reefs because they've witnessed a small slice of its beauty for themselves. So please help out by bringing some equipment in examples include: heaters, lights, pumps, salt, rock, tanks, test kits, etc... If you do not have equipment to donate, then you can still qualify by bringing in a toy that we will donate to Toys for Tots. The toy must be unwrapped as that's how they want them.
  • Second - We will have Karaoke from 1pm - 2pm during our primary dining time. It's a buffet so you can eat to your hearts content for the entire time we're there :p. If you're brave enough to sing for us though, you'll get another ticket. Space is limited on this. There will be a sign up sheet at check-in where you can write down the song you'd like to sing as well. We have a library of over 150k songs to choose from. First come... first serve. An extra ticket goes to whoever our judges think did the best performance :).
  • Third - There will be a few games that will be played before the actual raffle including a trivia game and bingo. If you do well enough on those you will also get another raffle ticket.
  • Fourth - There will be a ticket given to the top three best holiday sweaters or holiday costumes.
After the raffle is over, we will also be conducting a live auction of various corals and anything that wasn't selected from the raffle prizes. All supporting members will be given an auction paddle with a number on it at check-in. This will be used for the auction. Yes, we are doing a paddle auction lol :). Should be fun. This will be an opportunity to bid on a very nice assortment of coral and I'm expecting the prices to be stupidly cheap... all proceeds will be going to ARC for future events/projects so please be charitable if possible :). If you have any corals or fish you'd like to donate to ARC please contact me.

Current list of Corals for the auction:
  • CB Alien Eye Torch
  • Gold Hammer
  • Sexy Corals Inferno Nem
  • WWC Sunkist Bounce
  • AA Mango Rainbow Acro
  • JF Jungle Juice Zoas
  • UC Nirvana Zoas
  • CB Mindblowing Palys
  • SC Orange Passion
  • Red Hornets Zoas
  • Blue Hornets Zoas
  • Rainbow Hornet Zoas
  • AA Manga Rainbow Acro
  • JF Fruity Pebbles Monti
  • CB Bali Bounce
Agenda for Holiday Party - Keep in mind that all times are approximate. This is the first time we are doing any kind of activities at the holiday party so who knows if these time estimates will hold. We have the room reserved till 4pm just in case we go over which is a distinct possibility so please plan accordingly.

1:00 - 2:00 Karaoke/Dining
2:00 - 2:15 Bingo
2:15 - 2:25 Trivia
2:25 - 2:40 Raffles
2:40 - 3:00 Live Auctions

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you guys there,
Jin O.

This years holiday party will be at Chow Time Grill & Buffet. It's one of the largest buffets in the Atlanta area and has a diverse selection of chinese, american, japanese, vietnamese, and korean foods available. There's something for everyone here and its a buffet so go nuts! :)

Where: 2055 Beaver Ruin Rd Suite G, Norcross, GA in the Indian Village Shopping Center. We will be in the private room in the back left near the hibachi and soup stations. We may have to move to a larger room depending on the number of folks that RSVP. So, just let them know you're with ARC when you come on in and they can direct you where we are located.

When: 12/15/2019 from 1pm - 3pm.

Cost: This is free for supporting members and their immediate family... which includes their spouse and children. You will need to RSVP to attend. So either RSVP here or send me a message that you will be attending. Make sure to include how many you are bringing.

Here are the free goodies... It's quite an amazing list :). Please keep in mind that I may adjust the list below but you get the picture... it's going to be epic. Most of the corals come from my personal collection and I only collect very nice things :).
  • Neptune Trident o_O
  • Noopsyche Light and Mounting Arm
  • GB Grand Master Krakatoa Zoa 1 polyp
  • Dragon Soul Torch 1 head
  • Gold Hammer 1 head
  • JF Aquaman Monti 1"
  • BigR Freak Nasty Monti 1"
  • JF Beach Bum Monti 1"
  • JF Top Fuel Favia 1.5"
  • RR Juggernaut Bounce 1"
  • WWC OG Bounce 1"
  • iF Black Magic Zoa 4-5
  • JPS Nightmare Zoas 4-5
  • BigR Space Chaos Zoas 3-4
  • JF Poison Passion Zoas 3-4
  • WWC Super Star Zoas 2-3
  • RRC Pretty in Pink Acro 2"
  • UC Dippin Dots Acro 2"
  • CB Banana Split Acro 1"
  • BigR Walt Disney Acro 2"
  • Alien Eye Pectina 1"
  • 7 Locally Aquacultured Unique Hybrid Clownfish

• $900 in gift cards to ARC LFS Sponsors
These will be made available in the raffle and are only for supporting members. When you arrive at our private room, head to the bar in the back of the room to check in. Every supporting member will receive 1 raffle ticket. At this point you're probably thinking... "Jin how do I get more of these raffle tickets... can I buy them?" The answer is... NO <epic face slap>. You cannot buy additional raffle tickets... as we want to make this entire event as free as possible for our supporting member base. There are however a few ways to increase your odds of getting a prize...
  • First and foremost, if you bring a piece of equipment in for donation to our School Reef Tank project, you will get an additional raffle ticket. Our School Reef Tank project is an effort for us to install reef tanks in as many schools around the Atlanta region as we can. We have a chunk of change set aside every year from our trust account to be donated for reef related education and promotion. What better way than to help with the education of our youth by having a diverse reef ecosystem to study right in their science/biology classrooms? In addition I think we'll have a lot more reefers in the long run locally and more importantly those that simply care about saving our reefs because they've witnessed a small slice of its beauty for themselves. So please help out by bringing some equipment in examples include: heaters, lights, pumps, salt, rock, tanks, test kits, etc... If you do not have equipment to donate, then you can still qualify by bringing in a toy that we will donate to Toys for Tots. The toy must be unwrapped as that's how they want them.
  • Second - We will have Karaoke from 1pm - 2pm during our primary dining time. It's a buffet so you can eat to your hearts content for the entire time we're there :p. If you're brave enough to sing for us though, you'll get another ticket. Space is limited on this. There will be a sign up sheet at check-in where you can write down the song you'd like to sing as well. We have a library of over 150k songs to choose from. First come... first serve. An extra ticket goes to whoever our judges think did the best performance :).
  • Third - There will be a few games that will be played before the actual raffle including a trivia game and bingo. If you do well enough on those you will also get another raffle ticket.
  • Fourth - There will be a ticket given to the top three best holiday sweaters or holiday costumes.
After the raffle is over, we will also be conducting a live auction of various corals and anything that wasn't selected from the raffle prizes. All supporting members will be given an auction paddle with a number on it at check-in. This will be used for the auction. Yes, we are doing a paddle auction lol :). Should be fun. This will be an opportunity to bid on a very nice assortment of coral and I'm expecting the prices to be stupidly cheap... all proceeds will be going to ARC for future events/projects so please be charitable if possible :). If you have any corals or fish you'd like to donate to ARC please contact me.

Current list of Corals for the auction:
  • CB Alien Eye Torch
  • Gold Hammer
  • Sexy Corals Inferno Nem
  • WWC Sunkist Bounce
  • AA Mango Rainbow Acro
  • JF Jungle Juice Zoas
  • UC Nirvana Zoas
  • CB Mindblowing Palys
  • SC Orange Passion
  • Red Hornets Zoas
  • Blue Hornets Zoas
  • Rainbow Hornet Zoas
  • AA Manga Rainbow Acro
  • JF Fruity Pebbles Monti
  • CB Bali Bounce
Agenda for Holiday Party - Keep in mind that all times are approximate. This is the first time we are doing any kind of activities at the holiday party so who knows if these time estimates will hold. We have the room reserved till 4pm just in case we go over which is a distinct possibility so please plan accordingly.

1:00 - 2:00 Karaoke/Dining
2:00 - 2:15 Bingo
2:15 - 2:25 Trivia
2:25 - 2:40 Raffles
2:40 - 3:00 Live Auctions

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you guys there,
Jin O.

And also non supporting members will have the chance to win corals or is only for supporting members even in the auction?

And also non supporting members will have the chance to win corals or is only for supporting members even in the auction?
The raffles are for supporting members, sadly. However it’s a great reason to register today! Paid members eat for free at the party today. Non supporting members just have to pay for their food.

Back