Community Interaction

I'm new here but if I may add a quick suggestion for a club event I've always wanted to participate in:
I remember seeing a "pico tank over 3 months competition" or something similar where members all start a pico tank at the same time, document their progress on different tank threads, and vote for 1st and 2nd place at the end with prizes. It may have been on nano-reef.

I think that would be awesome :) I'm always looking for an excuse to restart a jar reef

I'm new here but if I may add a quick suggestion for a club event I've always wanted to participate in:
I remember seeing a "pico tank over 3 months competition" or something similar where members all start a pico tank at the same time, document their progress on different tank threads, and vote for 1st and 2nd place at the end with prizes. It may have been on nano-reef.

I think that would be awesome :) I'm always looking for an excuse to restart a jar reef
This is still going to happen, we’ve just had a few setbacks recently.

If I get this going, I want diversity. So all sorts of tanks! That way we can learn all sorts of husbandry and niches in this hobby.

But I’m pretty sure they want a supporting member to be coordinator so let’s see what the board gets going. I’m glad this idea has some interest cause it’s be cool to meet people

I don’t think I have any special skills (like photography or videography) but if the club ever needs volunteers you can always reach out to me. I’d like to get more involved.

If I get this going, I want diversity. So all sorts of tanks! That way we can learn all sorts of husbandry and niches in this hobby.

But I’m pretty sure they want a supporting member to be coordinator so let’s see what the board gets going. I’m glad this idea has some interest cause it’s be cool to meet people

Not sure where you got the idea "they want a supporting member to be coordinator"? By "they" you mean the board? I may be wrong but I've seen no indication that it wouldn't be allowed or appreciated if you pick up the ball and run with it.
Anyone know of a requirement for a volunteer to be supporting?

Not sure where you got the idea "they want a supporting member to be coordinator"? By "they" you mean the board? I may be wrong but I've seen no indication that it wouldn't be allowed or appreciated if you pick up the ball and run with it.
Anyone know of a requirement for a volunteer to be supporting?
Lol, with everything that’s been said by mods and etc, kinda obvious they preferred supporting members.

Read through your post and the responses you get. You clearly continue to push the non-supporting vs supporting member agenda to rile people up. Just stop man. Its getting old.
If you read everything I didn’t menetion anything about members vs non members until someone took a jab at me saying “ oh it’s been so long since I’ve been one, you’ve forgotten”. Something kinda out of context. But you’re right, I shouldnt worry too much about it and just do my thing. I’ll bow out of this thread for time being. I’ll mind my own business moving forward.

I'm pretty new to all of this so I'll just say this.

I don't know what the club needs help with or how I could help. I have plenty of resources and skills that could probably help with a wide variety of things but I have no idea where they could be applied. Perhaps a request list of some sort would be a good place to start or if we had an idea for an event or whatever that might help guide things better. idk, just putting it out there.

Sounds like a go, all you need now is recruit some photo/video talent and line up some tanks to highlight. I am particularly interested in the lighting comparisons you talked about. Up to you on everything but I'd love to see @enderg60 and @Adam featured. You can already open a thread and post content in an existing forum but maybe we can put this is its own forum when you get it going.

Back