JJ Ocean's 420g Reef

Here's a couple shots of the other sides of the fish room ... behind and across the room from the main tank. In all the previous posts on this thread, I only showed immediately behind and under the main tank. All the tanks and sumps in the fish room are all connected to the main system including a 30 cube upstairs in my son's room (not pictured). The QA tanks and its sump are seperated by valves when in use for that purpose. Otherwise, they remain open to the system.

Here's the refugium/sump combo that's connected to my main sump via 3" pipe ... a lot of different algae in the fuge. A Reeflo Dart powers most of the equipment connected to it - UV, Chiller, Ozone Reactor and it also feeds the return lines to the top row of 30 cubes on the other wall. Most of my Apex equipment is mounted here in addition to the ATO reservoir, dosing pumps and water mixing station (below the sump).

DSC01883_zps831858ed.jpg
alt="" />

Turning the corner to the right are some of the more important pieces of equipment: skimmer, calcium reactor, kalk reactor and RODI unit. All of the water from this equipment empties into the refugium/sump in the first picture.
IMG_0162_zps86a6fb1b.jpg
alt="" />

Just to the right of the skimmer and reactors are my additional tanks: clownfish pair tank, additional live rock tanks, frag tanks & QA tanks. There's a 45g sump to the far right that you can't really see in the pic that feeds back to my main sump via 1.5" pipe (when QA system not in use).
DSC01878_zps0b443208.jpg
alt="" />

This last tank I really didn't want, but unfortunately with all the tanks and sumps attached to this system my main sump can't hold all the drain water in a power off situation. So I had to add this 65g overflow tank that takes any water the main sump can't hold (about 20-25g). Pretty simple setup - float switch that let's my apex know when there's water in there and a pump to move it out when the main sump returns back to normal level.
DSC01884_zps71f3bf52.jpg
alt="" />

I have had the opportunity to see many tanks since becoming a member. Many were considered the standards by which we all reach for. Yesterday, I had the chance to see this setup and I must say, this is the best looking tank I have ever seen. Simply gorgeous!!

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

rdnelson99;924400 wrote: Yesterday, I had the chance to see this setup

Glad you could make it by. I've visited a lot of tanks since being a member and a lot of what I ended up setting up on my current DT was based on that expereince ... one of the benefits of being part of ARC.

Now once you help me out with my breaker situation, I can actually run all the equipment without turing off the lights! Thanks again.

I would love to have this setup. But I think it's a little out of my price range haha. But nice job. Hope everything is going well.

JJ Ocean;912123 wrote: Here's a couple shots of the other sides of the fish room ... behind and across the room from the main tank. In all the previous posts on this thread, I only showed immediately behind and under the main tank. All the tanks and sumps in the fish room are all connected to the main system including a 30 cube upstairs in my son's room (not pictured). The QA tanks and its sump are seperated by valves when in use for that purpose. Otherwise, they remain open to the system.

Here's the refugium/sump combo that's connected to my main sump via 3" pipe ... a lot of different algae in the fuge. A Reeflo Dart powers most of the equipment connected to it - UV, Chiller, Ozone Reactor and it also feeds the return lines to the top row of 30 cubes on the other wall. Most of my Apex equipment is mounted here in addition to the ATO reservoir, dosing pumps and water mixing station (below the sump).

DSC01883_zps831858ed.jpg
alt="" />

Turning the corner to the right are some of the more important pieces of equipment: skimmer, calcium reactor, kalk reactor and RODI unit. All of the water from this equipment empties into the refugium/sump in the first picture.
IMG_0162_zps86a6fb1b.jpg
alt="" />

Just to the right of the skimmer and reactors are my additional tanks: clownfish pair tank, additional live rock tanks, frag tanks & QA tanks. There's a 45g sump to the far right that you can't really see in the pic that feeds back to my main sump via 1.5" pipe (when QA system not in use).
DSC01878_zps0b443208.jpg
alt="" />

This last tank I really didn't want, but unfortunately with all the tanks and sumps attached to this system my main sump can't hold all the drain water in a power off situation. So I had to add this 65g overflow tank that takes any water the main sump can't hold (about 20-25g). Pretty simple setup - float switch that let's my apex know when there's water in there and a pump to move it out when the main sump returns back to normal level.
DSC01884_zps71f3bf52.jpg
alt="" />

Hey that tank looks familiar. . Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jt120reef;926537 wrote: Hey that tank looks familiar. . Lol

Yes it probably does look familiar (minus the 2 drilled holes it now has). Worked out great for what I needed it for. Thanks again.

JJ Ocean;926699 wrote: Yes it probably does look familiar (minus the 2 drilled holes it now has). Worked out great for what I needed it for. Thanks again.

No problem. Your tank looks great btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i say this tank and setup tonight and it is awesome.one of the best in home i have seen.i hope to have something like it one day.

rdnelson99;970515 wrote: Ditto. To both of you. :)

I seen it :tongue:

OZ is greedy and only sharing his tank on RC :boo: ;)

I'd love to see some new pics John!

HiImSean;970519 wrote: I seen it :tongue:

OZ is greedy and only sharing his tank on RC :boo: ;)

I'd love to see some new pics John!

I have seen johns I person as well but haven't had the chance to see Oz's new one yet. :-(

rdnelson99;970544 wrote: I have seen johns I person as well but haven't had the chance to see Oz's new one yet. :-(

Well I've only seen Oz's online :(

Back