Bills Crystal Dynamic Aquarium 225 gal tank upgrade

I definitely don't have an issue growing coraline algae in the tank. I am getting some wild growth patterns though. Some almost look like a Monti Cap.

20211204_111134.jpg

20211204_111207.jpg

Last edited:
plating coralline algae
Must have come from the live rock. I never seeded
this tank with Double Helix coraline like I did my first tank, but, I did use the Trochus snails that were covered in that algae to seed the tank. That species never plated, it just encrusted. I just find it interesting the different strains of coraline.

Last edited:
Not sure yet, BUT. I may be a papa...LOL!!! So get out the cigars in case. I am not sure what I am seeing, but, these look like the beginning of some plate corals on my dead plate coral skeleton.

20211208_170028.jpg20211208_170020.jpg

This is why you always lay out your plumbing and make sure you have what you need before doing the plumbing. I am short 2 Reducing couplings, no big deal as I need to order some 1 1/4 some tuning in black to connect the return pump.

I also changed the layout 2 times as you start to use the fittings and play around with the setup in the actual tank. I changed how I will connect the Abyzz A200 to the returns and also changed the manifold.

20211225_134500.jpg

Nice pump there! That plumbing gives me an idea for an upgrade on mine. I used 1 1/4 flex pvc from pump to hard plumbing but ended up whit a pretty good hum through the floor anyway. Also realized the manifold is to low so was going to have to add pipe to raise up. Now I think I'll just add barb like you have here and flex tube. Think that will solve both issues.
Your the man, fixed an issue and didnt even know it ;)

I just checked my plate thought it was twins,:oops:, and seen a 3rd plate start to form.:eek::eek::eek:

So I may be a pappa to triplets...OR EVEN MORE...AHHHHH!!!!!!!😂😂😂

Last edited:
Nice pump there! That plumbing gives me an idea for an upgrade on mine. I used 1 1/4 flex pvc from pump to hard plumbing but ended up whit a pretty good hum through the floor anyway. Also realized the manifold is to low so was going to have to add pipe to raise up. Now I think I'll just add barb like you have here and flex tube. Think that will solve both issues.
Your the man, fixed an issue and didnt even know it ;)
I am glad I was able to help in some way.:)

That's what my build thread is about.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I will not be changing my return section this weekend. I feel this is on Bulk Reef Supply as I ordered Saturday of last and didn't even get a ship notice until the following Tuesday. I even ordered the extra $3 or so dollar shipping. Normally, if I order Saturday or Sunday, I will get a shipping notice that following Monday. Not sure what is going on at Bulk Reef Supply.

Back