What's New?!?!

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Hey y'all in order to promote conversation and answers to question we've decided to remove the sales threads from the "What's New" tab. There are a lot of sales threads and questions/conversations tend to get buried really, really quickly. Personally I use the "What's New" tab all the time to check in and sometimes I don't click through to page 2 or 3 where I might find an actual topic. Sales threads are still there, just under the Sales forum - nothing else has changed. I think it's a good move but if you think it's a terrible decision, please let me know. The goal is to give more visibility to the non-sales posts.

I support this. Despite that it may make it slightly harder to jump on a good deal, it will hopefully promote discussion, fun new topics, and helping each other out.

Is there an option to toggle the change on/off per user or is it across the whole forum?

I believe its across the whole forum.

If you wish to still be notified on new sales posts, you can still opt to "watch" the sales forums. This will alert you (bell icon) when new posts come up.

However, these wont appear on the "whats new" (lightning icon) page.

I believe its across the whole forum.

If you wish to still be notified on new sales posts, you can still opt to "watch" the sales forums. This will alert you (bell icon) when new posts come up.

However, these wont appear on the "whats new" (lightning icon) page.
I'll give that a try. Thank you.

I would actually see less discussion since I use the what’s new to see sales and participate in discussions as I see them. With sales gone I probably wouldn’t click on it as much

I would actually see less discussion since I use the what’s new to see sales and participate in discussions as I see them. With sales gone I probably wouldn’t click on it as much
How do you normally access the site. PC, Cell Browser or Tapatalk.

I don't use TT at all any more and am pretty much using Chrome on whatever device I'm using. On PC the most recent posts are on the right, on my phone they're near the bottom. So I don't need to click "What's new" unless I want to go futher back.

Hey y'all in order to promote conversation and answers to question we've decided to remove the sales threads from the "What's New" tab. There are a lot of sales threads and questions/conversations tend to get buried really, really quickly. Personally I use the "What's New" tab all the time to check in and sometimes I don't click through to page 2 or 3 where I might find an actual topic. Sales threads are still there, just under the Sales forum - nothing else has changed. I think it's a good move but if you think it's a terrible decision, please let me know. The goal is to give more visibility to the non-sales posts.
I like it A LOT! Thank you for making this change. I actually spent much less time on the forum because it seemed more sales oriented. Actual questions and comments where getting lost in all the sales.

Back