Sales and "What's New"

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a way to do this but how would you guys feel about NOT having the sale threads pop up when you select the "What' New" tab? We have a lot of sales related threads and sometimes they drown out the questions and other general reefing stuff. This would mean an extra step to view the sales threads but what do you guys think? Typically when I log in I just hit the "What's New" tab and depending on activity it's all sales related stuff. I haven't thought this out all the way and perhaps it's not that big of an issue but I am curious what y'all think.

I never select the "what's new" tab, however, I would agree that it would be best if that selection was only relevant discussion threads and not for sale items.

Then there should be 2 choices under what’s new: sales and other
I like seeing sales threads and regular threads pop up in what’s new. If I am interested in the topic, I will click and read.

I wouldnt have a problem with it.
We should also remind everyone to read the for sale rules.
"When possible, please list multiple items in one post " This is commonly ignored
"Bumping is allowed one time per week." People skirt this rule all the time.
We have the
ability to edit our own for sale posts. Many will add pictures and mark individual items sold in a new reply. Some will also add comments and descriptions etc... in a new reply. All of this can be done with editing the original for sale post. This adds to alot of unneeded bumping of the for sale threads.

I usually hit ‘What’s New’, then go check the ‘For Sale’ section anyway.

I’d say go for it.

This is the first thing I noticed when I signed up. Everything under new is sale threads lol

Back