Vics CD 180G Peninsula

Never even heard of them. Was it glass as well?

Quick search confirms Lifetime Aquatics likely was glass. It appears to be built with a strong base much like what I’ve seen with Crystal Dynamics. I know nothing about the brand otherwise. We were just impressed by the size of the tank. My son asked if we were taking it home!

I know this it out there.

I have seen some good things about Elos's DiamondVision tanks. Apparently they are using some type Sapphire mix in the glass that is made in Italy. Yes Sapphire is right, not Starphire or Starfire. They look to be cost prohibitive for most though.

I know this it out there.

I have seen some good things about Elos's DiamondVision tanks. Apparently they are using some type Sapphire mix in the glass that is made in Italy. Yes Sapphire is right, not Starphire or Starfire. They look to be cost prohibitive for most though.
Yeah, elos is like if you just have money to burn... lol

Tank update- CDA is about 3-4 weeks behind and now I’m told it will be early-mid November. Stinks but it is what it is, I just have a friend waiting to buy my tank.

Stand - I reached out to an all reefer buddy from ARC grouper theory to build the stand. If you been around long enough, you know David is the man

I been just working on rock-scaping and I am going to go with very minimal (100# dry). I had bought 120# of sand but I saw @Steve Burton 180 with 120# of sand and didn’t want to go with that much due to maintenance. So I will most likely go with about 80#

I also bought another mp40 for added flow from Leon. So this should have me set.

yeah, it sucks, but to be honest. I been so busy, that if I had got the tank earlier or even now, I'd be scrambling to get it set up. I been so busy with work. It's insane.

Covid has increased the demand in our deli department dramatically that its been just overwhelmingly exhausting.

Well its good to know that even the pros crack glass.
Sorry for the grief

Bought the AI 60” light rail to mount my lights. Had to get creative, so got a nice 1.5”x3.8” wood bars, cut it down to 6”. Drilled some holes and got some nuts and bolts to slide into the rail slots. Painted it black. Fits perfect and looks great.

Attachments

• F1706278-5E72-42A1-8983-566759AB7A44.jpeg
    F1706278-5E72-42A1-8983-566759AB7A44.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 58355CC6-F4BD-4049-846C-3A22A0432EF9.jpeg
    58355CC6-F4BD-4049-846C-3A22A0432EF9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
Well, well, well....look who has been secretly hoarding gonis...
I have found that my gonis like the rockwork better than the frag rack...which is interesting because I don't know what the difference is. They just seem happier and more extended in the rocks.

Back