This is my tank. There are many like it but this is mine.

Plates will sometimes come back from a bare skeleton, unless the animal had something like brown jelly or necrosis in which case it's dead dead. I would still keep it as habitat for pods, you could even put another coral on it as a colony pedestal.

the brown stuff I have on the sub straight and the two SPS corals up front and center. does that look like dinoflagellates? if so should I treat with Dino X or something similar? I've tried sucking it out during water changes and I'm constantly turning the sand over to try and cover it/get it out of the light but no luck. it always comes back the next day if not sooner.

So I've got a 25gal tank and I've had it since mid January. This is my first saltwater tank. So far so good. What I have in it so far:

Clown Fish x 2
Blue Damsel x 1
Hammer coral x 1
Cabbage Leather Coral x 1
Rainbow Plate Coral x 1 (at least I think that's the name. I forget)
Zoa coral x 1
And one more coral but I totally forgot what it was called. The guy I got it from at the ARC Swap over the weekend. He threw it in with the zoa for free.

Side note: the swap was great. Can't wait for another.

As it sits now I'm sure that some things need to move and I'm pretty sure I need to keep the other corals away from the hammer. When I get the courage to cut the hammer and unnamed coral off of their stands it will be to stick them on the rocks in the middle and on the right. Hopefully soon lol.

Below are a couple of crummy pics of my tank. I welcome any suggestions on placement or potential additions. Although, I feel like I might be running out of room soon.

P.S. The light is an AI if that matters.

thanks

Hey full metal jacket guy. I am a big fan of movie quotes!!! Welcome to the salt side.

Back