This is my tank. There are many like it but this is mine.

mumra

Market
Reaction score
So I've got a 25gal tank and I've had it since mid January. This is my first saltwater tank. So far so good. What I have in it so far:

Clown Fish x 2
Blue Damsel x 1
Hammer coral x 1
Cabbage Leather Coral x 1
Rainbow Plate Coral x 1 (at least I think that's the name. I forget)
Zoa coral x 1
And one more coral but I totally forgot what it was called. The guy I got it from at the ARC Swap over the weekend. He threw it in with the zoa for free.

Side note: the swap was great. Can't wait for another.

As it sits now I'm sure that some things need to move and I'm pretty sure I need to keep the other corals away from the hammer. When I get the courage to cut the hammer and unnamed coral off of their stands it will be to stick them on the rocks in the middle and on the right. Hopefully soon lol.

Below are a couple of crummy pics of my tank. I welcome any suggestions on placement or potential additions. Although, I feel like I might be running out of room soon.

P.S. The light is an AI if that matters.

thanks

You can glue it with the “stand” in the rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The stand is to big at the base. If I cut it the stem will fit perfectly where I want to place it.

Side note. I would like to get another animal of some sort. Not necessarily a fish. I just don't want anything that might eat my coral. My friend has some type of crab that suddenly decided his coral was delicious and I don't even want to risk it.

Great start so far. What other equipment do you have? It looks like you could use more rock for stability, unless you have a sump and have it down there.
Chris c

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

You can use more of “live” rock in your tank for nutrients balancing. Having live rock with tons of microorganisms and bacteria living that will continuously help with nitrogen cycle in your system which will control and maintain or reducing your unwanted excessive nutrients mainly the nitrate and phosphate etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree more rock structure and maybe a firefish or dwarf angel. I had a coral beauty for years that didn’t touch any coral.

Thanks. I'll check out another live rock or two (depending on size). All of my rocks except the tree branch looking one are live. Maybe another fish.

I was lucky enough to win a gift card to Premier Aquatics at the swap so this will give me something to spend it on. 😀

P.S. I forgot what the name of the one in between the Meg tooth and kryptonite coral if anyone knows I'd appreciate it. Thanks

It's purple and looks like a little bush.

Last edited:
why not take the dead plate coral skeleton out? also, what is that black rock in front?
I've been told that I should leave it because it might produce offspring or even come back. It does have some red spots appearing on it so it might be doing something.

the black rock is a megalodon tooth.

I've been told that I should leave it because it might produce offspring or even come back. It does have some red spots appearing on it so it might be doing something.

the black rock is a megalodon tooth.
Very cool on the tooth, looks awkward tho in the tank.

I am 99.99% sure that plate is dead. I don’t think anything is coming back from that. Sorry.

Very cool on the tooth, looks awkward tho in the tank.

I am 99.99% sure that plate is dead. I don’t think anything is coming back from that. Sorry.
thanks.

I was using it to deflect water from the plate since my flow is pretty strong down there. it worked pretty well. the plate was growing a lot and did well until it didn't. I think maybe the hermit crabs killed it. idk

Back